Resize Jeans with Stretch Denim

This is a page about resizing jeans with stretch denim. Before you give away those jeans that don't fit, you may find that altering them a little will make them fit again. Here is a great tip to adding a little bit of room to jeans that are too tight.

I have worn jeans all my life. After having a baby I went from a size 10 to a 12. After a lengthy illness, I lost a lot of weight. Now after gaining my weight back, my jeans no longer fit. I kinda got caught in the middle age spread :{

As all of us do, I was so upset over the fact my jeans were way too small in the waist, but fit everywhere else. So I decided to tailor them to fit my figure :}. I bought a yard of stretch denim, cut the sides of my jeans about 4 inches down from the waist, cut the denim 4 inches wide and 6 inches long. Sewed the piece into the splits I had made in the sides of my jeans expanding the waist 1 inch on each side. I left the seams raw. After washing, they frayed a lot and do a good job of hiding the extension that I put in them. Now my jeans fit again, it cost me only for the stretch denim, and boy, are they comfy.

By Betty from East TX

Home and Garden Repair ClothingJuly 13, 2018
👒
🐛
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Resize-Jeans-with-Stretch-Denim-1.html