Last Year's White Almond Bark

How long does white almond bark last? I have a package from last Christmas. It still looks and smells good, but I don't want to use it if it could go bad.

Char from IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I had some left over from last Christmas but it worked like a charm on my peanut butter crackers.Good lunch and a very Merry Christmas! God bless.

There should be a out date on the pkg. but normally it is good for a year or more when you melt it you will know if its good because it won't melt smoothly.

If you're talking about baking usage it will be just fine :-) Even to simply eat it is still good but just might not 'look fresh'. Any type of chocolate stays good just about forever ;-)

I bought a package of almond bark last year on sale. I just used it to dip pretzels in for the holidays. No problem at all, they are delicious.

I buy loads of almond bark on sale after Christmas and freeze it. I've had some of it SEVERAL YEARS and it was fine. It does seem to lose color after a while but it still tastes and works great.

I have used 2 year old white almond bark and my husband still liked it. After 2 years it does not harden right.

Sugar dries things out so well that it's a good preservative, so the almond bark is probably fine.

Answer

Almond Bark
Storing Almond Bark
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety AdviceDecember 18, 2008
Dog Barking
Training Dog to Not Bark at Other Dogs
Peppermint Bark
Peppermint Bark Recipes
Dried Fruit Bark
Dried Fruit Bark Recipes
Damaged Tree Bark
Repairing Damaged Tree Bark
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:30:29 PM on 10.0.1.78 in 827 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.