Last Year's White Almond Bark

How long does white almond bark last? I have a package from last Christmas. It still looks and smells good, but I don't want to use it if it could go bad.

Char from IL

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By (Guest Post) 12/20/2008

I had some left over from last Christmas but it worked like a charm on my peanut butter crackers.Good lunch and a very Merry Christmas! God bless.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By sillepeanut (Guest Post) 12/20/2008

There should be a out date on the pkg. but normally it is good for a year or more when you melt it you will know if its good because it won't melt smoothly.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

If you're talking about baking usage it will be just fine :-) Even to simply eat it is still good but just might not 'look fresh'. Any type of chocolate stays good just about forever ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By jean from MI (Guest Post) 12/21/2008

I bought a package of almond bark last year on sale. I just used it to dip pretzels in for the holidays. No problem at all, they are delicious.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By AuntyC (Guest Post) 12/21/2008

I buy loads of almond bark on sale after Christmas and freeze it. I've had some of it SEVERAL YEARS and it was fine. It does seem to lose color after a while but it still tastes and works great.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Rose (Guest Post) 12/21/2008

I have used 2 year old white almond bark and my husband still liked it. After 2 years it does not harden right.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kim Churchman 3 1,277 12/22/2008

Sugar dries things out so well that it's a good preservative, so the almond bark is probably fine.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No