Repair For Cracked Dish

Very good tip for a cracked dish. If a cracked dish is boiled for 45 minutes in sweet milk, the crack will be so welded together that it will hardly be visible, and will be strong it will stand the same usage as before.

By Jan E from Suring, WI

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

What is sweet milk?

Sweet milk is milk before the butter fat is removed, leaving buttermilk, which is not sweet.

I, too, want to know what is sweet milk. The definition above only really says it's not buttermilk. If I were to go to the stroe, just exactly what would I be buying......? is it fresh or canned? Thanks.

Editor's Note: Sweet milk is simply fresh milk.

i HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS; hAVE done this before and it does work. Sweet milk is whole milk. JAN

I know it's ten months later, but I remembered this in my bookmarks and just recently needed to try it. I can't believe it actually worked and just wanted to thank you!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Antique tea cup and saucer.
Repairing Cracks in Fine China
Home and Garden Repair Other DishesFebruary 5, 2007
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Cracked Fingertips
Remedies for Cracked Fingertips
Resin Furniture
Repairing Resin Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 24, 2016 at 1:36:00 PM on 10.0.0.20 in 566 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.