Carry a Laundry Basket in Your Car

I keep a spare plastic laundry basket in the trunk of my car. It's great for toting home breakables (eggs, fruit or other groceries) or yard sale finds. Once I get home, I sort through the items and then put the empty basket back in the hallway near the front door, ready to put back in the car for my next trip.

By Claire from Phoenix, AZ

I keep 2 or 3 (inside each other) for the days I go to Aldi's. They are sized perfectly to fit inside a grocery cart.

Great idea. You could also use the storage bins you can get. They are probably a little stronger. Thanks

that's a good idea ! So is the cooler or collapsible !

The styrofoam coolers work real well also. I have an SUV and groceries roll around in the back, if I don't put them in boxes or coolers. When they are taken out and I forget to put them back in, it does help some to tie the handles of the bag shut to keep contents in.

i would rather use a reuseable container. less garbage

Keep a plastic laundry basket in the back of your car. They're handy receptacles for kids' backpacks, shoes, empty cans, etc., accumulated while running errands or commuting. Baskets also work great for quick trips to the grocery. When you arrive home, just carry the basket in and sort items, then return to the car.

By CEBush from Phoenix, AZ

I have been using laundry baskets in this manner for years. And you are right, they are handy receptacles for most anything from groceries to recycling. Nobody is surprised NOT to see laundry when I bring the basket in. lol

God Bless

Trish in CT

I had someone tell me to carry a large, STURDY laundry Basket in your car and when you go shopping place bags in laundry basket. Then when you get home, just carry the basket in. Not 3 or 4 trips to the car. Don't forget to take it back to the car for next trip.

Seamstress

Answers:

Carry a Laundry Basket in Your Car

I do the same, only with a collapsible white resin plastic rectangular "basket". It folds completely flat so I can slip it under the back seat with no problem. I got this carrier years ago but have seen them recently in catalogs (Walter Drake) and dollar stores for about $8. Worth every penny and then some. I use it for carrying just about anything and everything, from arts and crafts shows to shopping, from packing goods for a trip to using it for plants, seeds, gloves, trowels, etc., while out in the garden. Best of all, it just barely fits into my dishwasher so no matter how dirty it gets, in it goes! (05/27/2005)

By ronsan

Carry a Laundry Basket in Your Car

I use the collapsible mesh laundry bags and the large "yard" bags we found at a $ store. These are heavy tarp like material and are really sturdy. (05/27/2005)

By lighthouselady

Carry a Laundry Basket in Your Car

I keep my cooler with wheels in the car for that unexpected time that I want to get something frozen or cold & not going home immediately, too, we live in the desert. But often there are times that I use the cooler for other things, just pull it behind me up the steps loaded. It's easier than making all those trips to and from the car/house. (05/28/2005)

By badwater