Scenery: Fall In Santiam Canyon (OR)

In 2007, I had a chance to spend a whole day just driving. The sun was amazing, the trees were in full October bloom, and the memory stick was empty and ready to be filled!

There is a small place where you can get off the Highway 22 corridor, and I took many shots of the road. It's so quiet, and there are several small houses tucked away where retired folk are lucky enough to live.

When you reach the end of the road, you are at the Santiam River and getting there is half the fun! For those in Oregon, now is the time to visit the area just out of Salem, heading East, between Mill City and Gates. If you have the time, go all the way to Detroit Lake, as the little towns and scenery are amazing!

By Sandi

Looking at places like this causes a yearning in my heart. Surely, I must have been an Indian in a life before this. These is a connection so strong, and I feel it every time I see this type of picture. These are especially beautiful.

Thank you.

This is the type of place that dreams are made of.

So beautiful and so peaceful looking. Definitely a place that I would love to explore.

Thank you for sharing.

This is the type of place I figure "they" are talking about when they mention streets paved with gold. These are such beautiful pictures.

Thank you for sharing them.

Wonderful picture's! Autumn is my favorite time of year.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. Oregon can be a magical place. I am 1/8 Native American, so this does draw me, too. My passion is waterfalls, so I will post some of those soon.

Haystack Rock on the Oregon Coast.
Oregon Frugal Travel Guide and Photos
Photos ScenerySeptember 23, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Portland, Oregon Frugal Travel Guide
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Colorado Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Coquille Lighthouse in Bandon, Oregon
Bandon, Oregon Frugal Travel Guide