Oregon Frugal Travel Guide and Photos

Category Oregon
A beautiful diverse western state with progressive cities, mountain wilderness, the Columbia river, beautiful beaches, and so much more. A wonderful destination for the whole family. This is a guide about Oregon frugal travel guide and photos.

Oregon has many manufacturing locations that offer tours of their facilities to the public. This is a guide about Oregon factory tours.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page has tips, photos and guides for traveling to Portland, Oregon. This laid back city is known as the City of Roses. This beautiful city has parks, a zoo, museums, and a good public transportation system. It is also a good place for river activities.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page has tips, photos, and guides for traveling to Bandon, Oregon. Bandon is a coastal town in southern Oregon. It is known for its scenic beauty, beach activities, and golf courses.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

In 2007, I had a chance to spend a whole day just driving. The sun was amazing, the trees were in full October bloom, and the memory stick was empty and ready to be filled!

There is a small place where you can get off the Highway 22 corridor, and I took many shots of the road. It's so quiet, and there are several small houses tucked away where retired folk are lucky enough to live.

When you reach the end of the road, you are at the Santiam River and getting there is half the fun! For those in Oregon, now is the time to visit the area just out of Salem, heading East, between Mill City and Gates. If you have the time, go all the way to Detroit Lake, as the little towns and scenery are amazing!

N-JOY!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud

deciduous forest road

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

Growing in the shadowy edges of Shore Acres State Park on the Oregon Coast, these blossoms always take my breath away. The vibrant yellow with the perfectly placed red spots are always great eye candy. The bees love these bright flowers. They're so colorful, you'd think they belonged in the tropics!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Yellow Iris LIke Flower with Red Spots

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

This is a picture we took on Mother's Day. It's on the Minum River in Eastern Oregon. We consider this the lost Garden of Eden.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 18

I found this starfish while beach hopping with my husband near Sunset Beach here on the Oregon Coast. We love to hit up Sunset, hike the trails above the beach, and create our own journey from there.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

Pretty views of the Rogue River, first thing in the morning at sunrise.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

I was driving around and stopping to take pictures. What a beautiful place Astoria is!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This is a panoramic shot of Whiskey Run Beach on the Oregon Coast. It's my definition of escape! The beach is where I go to clear my head and pink is my favorite color, only a couple reasons I like this shot.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

I took this picture last weekend at a lavender farm in Hood River, Oregon, the dark purple is Grosso Lavender which is best known for oils. Grosso is a hybrid and must be started by propogation.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

We live on the water, and within walking distance to the ocean. Every single night I see a new sunset. I was at the stoplight.

I usually carry my camera because I never know what I might see with all this beauty around me.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Wonderful trip to the Oregon Coast with my family. A walk through Cape Perpetua uncovered this huge fallen spruce tree across the path. Awesome walk!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Smith River Gorge, Oregon

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes