Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Stains From Glass Vases

Cleaning stains on glass vases can be challenging, especially if they are inside the vase. This is a guide about cleaning stains from glass vases.

January 5, 2011 Flag

If a bottle brush can't fit into the opening of a narrow-necked vase, try this hint my mother used: Put several broken eggshells into the vase and then add a bit of water. Place your hand over the opening and shake the vase until you can see that the dust and film has come off. Rinse well.

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The chopstick w/cottonball sounds like a winner! I will have to try it!

Two crystal vases

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about cleaning mineral deposits from vases. Stubborn mineral stains can be a challenge to remove from glass.

March 2, 2005 Flag

Unsightly stains in glass vases respond to soaking in a strong solution of hot vinegar. Finish by washing in hot soapy water.

By Chell

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

WHITE Vinegar and water let it set. Over night if you want or for a few minutes. Then scrub out with a bottle brush or spoonge depending on the opening size. You really should check out vinegar usese on line. Google usese for White vinegar and you will be amazed.

Take care!

November 12, 2008 Flag

My crystal vases and crystal glasses that were left with water for more than a couple of days have mineral deposit rings where the water level was. I tried vinegar, but that did not work. Does anybody know how to clean these rings, possibly without using harsh chemicals?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I've used CLR in my crystal vases and it's removed all the discoloration and film.

Best Answer

I soak mine in an orange cleaner found at the dollar tree. It comes in a clear spray bottle with red writing and lists various items that it can be used on. After soaking, I scrub lightly with a very gentle steel wool pad. It works wonders compared to every thing else I have tried! Very little scrubbing involved.

Best Answer

Have heard that a tablet used for cleaning false teeth can be put in a vase (with water) - soak overnight.

Fill vase with warm water not too hot and drop efferdent denture cleaner tablet into vase. Soak in for a few hours and over night and rinse. Let vase air dry. Then use a micro fiber towel and spray with window cleaner wipe the inside and outside. Then Dry. Most of the spot should be gone. Then just spot clean.

February 2, 2015 Flag

I have a very plain clear glass serving bowl, very sturdy. It needs to be cleaned, as it has that 'older foggy' look. What is the best solution to soak this in?

By Marian from Seattle, WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just read to clean with baking soda and vinegar. The solution fizzes like alka seltzer. I havent tried yet but am going to do it right now. This cleans out stuggish drains so it will probably work on glass too.

Use baking soda and vinegar

September 3, 2011 Flag

What is the best way to clean a cloudy glass bud vase?

By Judy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have hard water, and I use vinegar for everything, fill let sit over night.

I get a box of generic brand denture tabs, and keep at home. Use the tabs in your vases, thermoses, etc. Just fill with warm water, add a tablet or two, and let sit overnight.

Then rinse out in the AM, and scrub with a baby bottle scrubber if available.

the overnight tablet is usually enough. Best of luck to you!

Wash your glass bud vase with Cascade, dishwasher soap. If that doesn't work, try using Lime A-way. It will get rid of the hard water deposits.

Take a broken-up denture cleansing tablet and drop down into vase, fill with hot water and let sit overnight. If a little scrubbing is needed after the overnight soak, use a small child's toothbrush fits down into the vase for further cleaning.

April 8, 2015 Flag

How do you clean yellow discoloration in a cut glass bowl?

By Larry G.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 16, 2013 Flag

How do you get water stains out of glass vases?

By Doris

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Gently scour with an S.O.S. pad and rinse. This works on burnt on food, also on glass baking dishes.

February 3, 2010 Flag

How can you remove mineral and oxidization stains from precious art glass pieces that have been used as flower vases at some time in their life?

By jayded from Australia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Please don't try to clean it without knowing exactly what it is. Please try to find an antique evaluator if you have even a hint if the item has sentimental value. Some old glass has reactive material and will not take kindly to acid material like vinegar. If it is pieced together do not soak it. I work for an art museum but am not a curator. It depends on what type of material and how important/nostalgic it is to you and even the shape. If you must experiment try using mild soap and water on a soft cloth, which you may need to do multiple times. Beware of brushes. If you are okay with experimenting try a calcium/lime/rust remover product on a limited area, not soaking it. I have used these even in a coffeemaker.

Try denture cleaning tabs if it looks like it is safe to hold water.

Home and Garden Cleaning GlassMarch 22, 2013
Flower Vase
Cleaning Flower Vases
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Two crystal vases
Cleaning Mineral Deposits from Crystal Vases
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 9:30:25 PM on 10.0.2.220 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.