Gracie (Collie/Shepherd) Tigtig (cat)

Gracie was 12 years old when this pic was taken. Tigtig was 1 year old.

When Tigtig arrived at our home at 6 weeks old, he was oddly unimpressed by Gracie's size. Apparently he was born in a home with 5 large dogs, so he had this "you don't impress me, I've seen bigger" attitude.

Gracie immediately "adopted" the new baby. The poor kitten was always soaked from the "baths" Gracie would give him, and at night he would curl up in her fur and go to sleep. They still play together and as you can see from this picture taken last year, Tigtig will still submit to grooming by his "mother cat" - our dog!

By Terry Lynn

Cute picture, isn't it odd how they can take to each

other? I think its cute that they are buddies..

Terry Lynn, thank you so much for posting this. It reminds me of how my little (rescued) kitten adored my 112 lb. dog, the kitty would sleep on top of him ... both on my bed. LOL

.... what a heartwarming story.

Alexandria, Virginia

Thanks for sharing the picture. They are both so pretty and it is great to see that they are such buddies.

How very precious! Your Gracie looks amazingly like our Teddy, a Burnese Mt/Chow mix (but I see Collie mix...) He's 6 years old and just came to live with our 4 cats, 2 years and under. Teddy does not harrass the cats, but they are SO terrified of his size! I pray for the day they can all stretch out together in the sun...instead of jumping on top of my kitchen cupboards w/my plate collection!!! Your picture gives me if I can just get Petey the cat to look at it... :)

Photos Pets DogsOctober 27, 2005
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Shepherd's Pie Recipes, A classic mash potato topped shepaherd's pie.
Shepherd's Pie Recipes
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Border Collie
Border Collie Breed Information and Photos