Pet Odors on Carpet

I looked at all advice given for getting pet smell out of carpet. The most often given advice was to use coffee. Sprinkle coffee on the carpet. Leave it there, a couple of hours, then vacuum it up. It works! Thanks!

By Lisa M. from MS

That might stain some carpets, I would spray the stain with Listerine in a pump spray bottle, works for me!

Monique :)

I like the apple cider vinegar. Also, generic amber colored listerine too. But here is another in a pinch; waterless hand cleaner. I just squirt it on a pet stain and rub it right out in a matter of seconds. Sometimes at the discount grocery store, they will sell a large container of this waterless hand cleaner for just a few dollars. I also keep one in the car. My son stepped in some cat mess outside before getting in the car and smeared it everywhere, yikes. I stopped the car, used that waterless cleaner and some wet wipes and just plain cleaned him and the car right up. Worked fantastic!

December 3, 2009 Flag

How do you get pet urine smell out of carpet? I have a pet pad on the carpet but it seems to smell still.

Desirre from Duluth, MN

Pet Odors on Carpet

Use Nature's Miracle or another "enzyme" odor remover. I have used Natures Miracle for my dog and kids. Works great! (06/09/2007)

By Katrina

Pet Odors on Carpet

Clean with vinegar, just pour some on the spot, let soak just a bit and then place an old cloth or paper towels on the spot and step on it to soak up the moisture. Then sprinkle some table salt on the spot and leave on the carpet, (rub over the top of the salt to make it go down in, a little bit). This actually works better immediately after the urine stain (while it is still wet), but, it could help on dried areas too. If the urine is still wet, put paper towels down and soak up as much of the urine as possible, before pouring on the vinegar. Good luck (06/10/2007)

By Di

June 6, 2007 Flag

Please somebody help due to not wanting to see dogs put to sleep we have acquired 7 dogs that people have dump out on road or have moved off and left to die. My hubby and I are both disabled and the dogs have all decided to start using the bathroom inside and they all know how to go out their doggie door and now I need to try to get the smell out of carpet to try to get them to going outside.

Please help.

Pet Odors on Carpet

You have a big heart but with you and your Hubby being disabled, how can you keep all the dogs? as for using the doggie doors,get a fly swatter and with a small slap or two on the bottom and yelled "OUTSIDE" they should get the message. as for the odor,the best thing is plain old Vinegar .! I had a puppy that thought the inside was for peeing on the floor and the outside was for running and playing.HA a water bottle with sprayer also works when they start to go pee...I've found my dogs don't like the smell of Carpet deodorizer so after shampooing,I sprinkle the floor with the powder and it keeps the dog smell down. .an ad in the paper might find good homes for the dogs you can't keep. (01/19/2007)

By Sweet Peaches

Pet Odors on Carpet

I understand not wanting to get rid of your dogs and how they can pull at your heartstrings. I have two dogs that were headed to the pound. In a spray bottle, I mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar,1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide and 2 drops of dish detergent. For individual spots, soak up what you can and spray (soak) with mixture. Let set for at least 10 minutes and soak that up. In my shampooer I use 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup fabric softener and fill the tank with almost boiling water. This works for me. (01/19/2007)

By msettamae2

Pets Pet OdorsDecember 3, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet