Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors

There are many commercial and homemade products you can use to remove pet urine odors from furniture and carpet. However, finding a solution to urine odors on other surfaces may be more elusive. This is a page about homemade cleaners for pet urine odors.

Use vinegar and water to clean animal urine accidents from carpet. It will smell of vinegar only temporarily, but neutralize the pH level and discourage animals from having an accident there again.

Heather

More Tips

Share a TipCheck out these tips or, if you have something to add to this page, click to share your own tip!

This cleaner is cheap and works wonders. The recipe was given to me by my daughter years ago.

Articles

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these articles. Click at right to share your own contribution to this page.

I need a simple recipe for removing pet urine odors that I can make myself.

8 Questions

What can I use from my kitchen for pet odor clean-up (doggie pee)?

By donna from CA

Answers

Best Answer

The pee recipe I used was 2 cups of peroxide, 2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 2 drops of dishwashing soap and it worked like a dream! Test on a spot that is hidden, but I used it on urine, coffee and whatever other stains I had on the carpet and poof it was gone.

Marvelous cleaner!

Who ever posted that did wonders for my stains. It said not not rub, but let it sit and dry and it will vacuum up. I very softy washed a huge coffee stain and it was gone within minutes. Thanks so much to the person that posted this!

Answer this Question

I am looking for a homemade recipe to get rid of dog odor in my dirt back yard. They all seem to pee in the same area every time.

By toni from Tucson, AZ

Answers

Best Answer

Ridding of the dog odor simple. Increase the amount of water your dog gets. Should be light yellow and no smell for a healthy dog. Our pup had problems when we got her, then the stinky urine. By making sure she had plenty of water all the time, we have no spots in the yard.

Best Answer

You could try EMs (Effective Microorganisms). They are supposed to eat the ammonia smell and they are beneficial for plants and animals (and humans). I use a bathroom deodorizer with them and it is amazing.

It works in the litterbox to cut down the nasty ammonia odor as well. Do a Google search and you can find lots of information, including how to make a culture once you buy the starter.

Answer this Question

Is there a cheap homemade recipe to neutralise the urine odour on a largish scale and not indoors?

By Mike from Scotland, UK

Answers

Best Answer

There is a product I found at Sam's Club called Oda-Ban. Works great. Also sounds like you have cats urinating all over the place. If you put any kind of citrus peelings all around they will not go their. They hate the smell of citrus. A friend of mine uses moth balls all around her house. This also works but I'd rather use orange or lemon peels. Believe me... this works. Hope this helps.

Answer this Question

This is a page about cleaning dog urine odors outside. Often when dogs use the same spot or a small yard for their business, odors can become quite strong over time.

A dog outside on grass.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 16, 2014
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Cleaner-for-Pet-Urine-Odors-1.html