Cleaning Dog Urine Odors Outside

Category Odors
Often when dogs use the same spot or a small yard for their business, odors can become quite strong over time. This is a guide about cleaning dog urine odors outside.

I have a very small fenced back yard at my condo. My 50lb dog uses this yard as his bathroom. Every few days I pick up all the poop. I'm beginning to water his favorite urine places every day. Is there something I can put on the lawn to clean it? Like baking soda or something? I'm beginning to feel like the yard is really gross and the urine smell is sometimes too much. What can I do in addition to picking up and watering?

By Cynthea Chapman from Greenville, SC

Answers:

Removing Urine Odors from Backyard

First of all, pick up after the dog each time he goes. If you are at work then pick up the dog waste daily when you get home. That will help odor control. As far as urine smell, just water down the grass every day as urine kills grass.

It would be best to put the dog on a leash and take it for a walk. Let him do his business elsewhere (with you cleaning up after him, of course). (10/12/2009)

By OliveOyl