Organizing Pan Lids

I need help organizing my pots and pan lids. I bought a lid organizer from Target but some of the wires are too close together to fit the lids in. Do you have any suggestions? This site is very helpful.

I've never use a lid organizer, but I will share what I do with the lids to all my pots and pans. My oven has a drawer on the bottom. It's not a broiler, it's just a storage drawer. All pot lids go in that drawer, that way I don't have to try to stack them with the pots or with each other. They're easy to find with minimal hassle. I do a similar thing for lids to plastic containers. Keep them in a cabinet drawer relatively close to the cabinet where I store the bottoms.

I organize mine in an old dish drainer.

I had alot of odds and ends pots, pans and lids. I thought I couldnt do without all of them. When we moved I got rid of alot of them along with many kitchen gagets that was collected through out the years. I went through them all and only kept a small amount. I dont know why I kept more then we really needed all those years. But I will say the local thrift shop appricated my donations. Also.. there are alot less dishs to wash.. thats the best part lol :)

I use an ordinary dish pan to store all my lids in after having the same problem. It has worked well for many years now. I use a standing pan file for my cookie sheets, muffin pans, and other flat things.

I do same thing as LaVa does! Use the drawer under

oven, my plastic lids I put in plastic open boxes

and pull out to search.

I keep mine in a two tiered file cabinet wire basket from the Container Store. Looks like a file cabinet but with wire sides. I have the largest drawers on the top and the bottom. All lids, including my 6 qt. pressure cooker, fit nicely in there.

I have included a picture from the Container Store web site. It shows 3 drawers in the unit.

We've had this since approx. 1985 and it's still functioning well. It's placed inside a cabinet.

I am by nature a very stingy (frugal if you will) person who would never spend a dime unless absolutely necessary. I keep lids, cookie sheets, a cutting board and a microwave bacon rack in an ancient dish drainer which is no longer needed for dishes. Silver racks from old dishwashers make good storage in the garage for small garden implements.

metal pan lid
Organizing Lids
Organizing KitchenJune 5, 2007
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
Pots and pans.
Organizing Pots and Pans