Rope Lights Under Kitchen Counters

I recently had my husband install white rope lights under my kitchen cabinets. The package actually came with hooks that could be attached to the underside of the cabinets with screws. The lights provide nice, soft, indirect lighting for the countertops. I leave these lights on all night as a night light. The wattage is very low, so it is a great way to go for having just a bit of light in the kitchen.

By Glowgirl from Watertown, WI

I love this idea. I have a string that I had purchased about 3 years ago to add to our patio lights. I now plan to use it under my cabinets. Thanks for the tip.

This is a fantastic idea and am going to run out and buy a string and put them up in my kitchen, too.

Thanks so much for the idea, Lisa

My husband also used a rope light in the baby's room so when we had to go in there in the middle of the night we could turn on a light without blinding ourselves and waking the baby or upsetting him even more with a bright light.

He used one of those wood things that go up in the corner of the wall and ceiling (can't remember what they're called - not chair rail), made an attractive brace out of wood to get it out from the wall a bit and added a plug up there so we wouldn't have cords hanging everywhere. He then added an extra light switch next to the existing switch that glows in the dark. (He's quite talented I think!)

We've been using it for 4 years now and it is still great to have.

me too...great idea...i have all kinds of them and they sit in a tote waiting for Christmas...never thought of using them for this and cheaper on hydro (hopefully) thanx for sharing

Are rope lights available year round, or just at Xmas time?

I think that you can get rope lights all year at lowes or home depot

I am disabled and wondered for the longest time how i could safely and cheaply light up my hall along the baseboard. Now i can use rope lights and not have to fumble with switches in the middle of the night! Thank you so much for your tip, glowgirl

Uses for Rope Lights
Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenOctober 10, 2007
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights