Jazzing Up A Tobacco Basket

I have an old tobacco basket hanging on an out building and I would like to add some life to it. Any ideas on how to jazz it up? I would love to see some pics. Thanks.

Heather Southern Ohio

i did one years ago, no pics of it. but i painted mine on the inside to simulate an american flag. just use some stencils for your stars the rest is just stripes.

I have one that belonged to my father-in-law. I'm planning to use it to post family pictures in the family room. Hope to get to it soon. Other ideas are appreciated.

I had the same idea for the same object "an old tobacco basket"/the one I am talking about is flat.

Depending on the size of your dining room table - I thought of shellacing one (to help perserve it) and useing it as our dining room table's Lazy Susan.

All of the bowls would then move in unison, as the basket would be the only item moving under them.

SO instead of having to pass the bowls of food to you, the person would "spin" the basket to the bowl they desired to get food out of.

Good Luck and let us know what you ended up doing with it

Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making Your Own Gift Baskets
Crafts AdviceApril 9, 2008
Gift Basket in cellophane against a blue background
Making Filler for Gift Baskets
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
add tag to front
Making a "Basket of Sunshine"
🎄