Defrost Food in the Refrigerator

When defrosting any frozen item, I put the it in the fridge a few days before I will need it. I do this instead of using my microwave on defrost. This cools off the inside temperature of the fridge, and means less energy is used to run it.

By Susan from Giddings, TX

It's nice that you can think that far ahead! I often don't know at lunch what I'm fixing for dinner!

It is also safer to defrost food slowly in the refrigerator. There is much less risk of food poisoning. A little forward planning goes a long way, and probably saves money on food.

Because I am differ moods for differ things on any given day, I can't really plan that far ahead. I just set out the frozen meat in the morning and hours later place in fridge til dinner time. Still, no energy used. xoxo

frozen beef
Defrosting Food
Better Living Green Living Conservation EnergyAugust 1, 2008
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Meatballs cooking in sauce.
Using Frozen Meatballs
🎉
🎄