Thaw Meat Faster

If time is limited and you need to defrost in a hurry, take the meat out of the package, place it in water, and sprinkle salt into the cold water. Your meat will be thawed out in no time. Also, your meat will not be salty.

By Lady Jay from Jacksonville, FL

My husband worked in an a restaurant this last summer and he told me this! I have not tried it, I still use the microwave.

Please know that if you do this it needs to be done in cold water and in a leak proof container for safety sake!

Frozen meat that you want to use tonight will thaw faster on a metal pan than on the counter. The metal draws the cold away and the meat will thaw faster. If you will be gone all day, though, thaw in fridge.

By Linda

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatFebruary 7, 2011
🍀
💘