Attaching a Gazebo to Cement - Categories:

Patio and DeckingHome Improvement

Attaching a Gazebo to Cement

I want to attach a 10'x10' gazebo to the cement next to our in-ground pool. My husband is worried about the strong winds we get through our backyard. Is it possible that the winds will rip the gazebo up out of the cement and ruin our cement?

LISA from CANTON, MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

We have one of those Gazebos on our back patio as well. My husband doesn't want to drill holes into the stamped colored concrete either. My husband said he is going to get 4 pails/pots, paint them up nicely like my flower pots, place the four corner poles, one in each pot, and pour cocrete mix in around the pole in the pot. That way it is weighted, but not permanently destroying our cement.

Blessings,

Go Blue!!

my husband says that if you anchor it down and the winds are THAT strong, he doubts that it will rib up the concrete, it will tear the gazebo apart first...and if you don't anchor it and your winds are THAT strong, it will blow over and break that way!?

Sorry, seems like it is trouble either way, doesn't it?

You could try 5 gallon buckets. Put the legs in and fill with sand or gravel. Or mine has little flanges at the bottom where the nails can go through. I put heavy bricks on the flanges and it held it down.

Susan from ThriftyFun

As someone whose neighbor's patio umbrellas have occasionally landed in our yard, I am interested in the answers!

You might have to install a wooden gazebo.

A neighbor of ours put one in and the whole family loves it. Been trying to get my DH for years to build one, too. She said it has extended the size of her house's livable area. The back porch is huge, has a ceiling fan and two built in planters. Large enough to hold a bbq party and house all the guests in the shade.

Since property taxes are based on the interior space (where we live), this would appreciably increase the comfort zone of the livable area, without increasing the tax base.

If it's raining outside, she can still use the bbq. This is my idea of a good time!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Patio and DeckingMay 28, 2007
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Stains on Cement
Removing Stains on Cement
Recycled Gazebo
Making a Recycled Gazebo
Mixing Concrete at Home
Mixing Your Own Concrete
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 19, 2016 at 8:07:38 AM on 10.0.0.85 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.