Fabric Stuck Under the Needle Plate on Sewing Machine

I am a beginner to sewing. Please try to bear with me with my sewing words. I have on my sewing machine under the needle the plastic thing where the needle goes through. My fabric is stuck underneath the medal needle plate. Should I take it apart? or take it to the store? What should I do?

Please help.

By Katalina from Seattle, WA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Take it apart. That plate should come off. Check your manual.

Cut your needle thread first. Sometimes the bobbin thread binds up under plate. Then use some tweezers to pull fabric out. May be easier to also take needle out, so as to give yourself more room to work. Good luck.

You will enjoy sewing if you learn a few simple things. Take some lessons at your local fabric store on the maintenance of the machine.

The part you are describing is called the throat plate. It sounds like the fabric was pulled into the bobbin assembly which is directly underneath Cut the thread, pull it carefully out. You may need to open the slide plate over the bobbin case and snip the bobbin thread. Everything should come right out. A few classes would definitely help you to get more comfortable with your machine.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesDecember 26, 2010
Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine Needle Won't Stay Threaded
Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine Stuck in Reverse
Sewing Machine Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Presser Foot Stuck Up
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 22, 2017 at 6:17:21 AM on 10.0.2.133 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.