Repairing the Bobbin Winder on a Singer Sewing Machine

The bobbin winder on your machine is an important feature that you really can't do without. This is a guide about repairing the bobbin winder on a Singer sewing machine.

I have a Singer Brilliance 6160 sewing machine and I have just started experiencing some problems with the bobbin winding mechanism. On the one hand, the bobbins are not so nicely wound as they used to. I mean, sometimes the winding is not homogeneous and there is more thread at the top or bottom of the bobbin. On the other hand, the machine used to stop when the bobbin was full and now it doesn't. It can continue forever, putting thread even out of the bobbin. Does anyone have had the same issue?
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

The bobbin winder tire may be worn out. Replace it.

I got this machine, a Singer 7444, brand new. The problem happened very soon after I got it. When I go to wind a bobbin, my machine makes a terrible grinding noise and the sewing needle will continue to rise and fall, though slowly. It seems like something isn't disengaging. One of my neighbors suggested oiling it, but I don't know where or even how to access the parts to oil. Could I have done damage by not looking into the problem sooner? If I go to get it repaired, will it likely be inexpensive?

Thanks for your feedback!

Answers

Best Answer

You should return the machine to the store of purchase. Either they fix the problem or replace the machine. If too much time has passed (yes-you should have checked the problem immediately), I suggest a repair shop-you can get an estimate of cost before repair.

I am a beginner sewer. I borrowed a machine, a Singer CG 500/550, and somehow the piece that you put the bobbin onto to put thread on the bobbin came unhooked within the machine. I opened the machine up, but have no clue how to connect the piece again. Help?

Answers

Here is an excellent video on YouTube that shows how to repair a bobbin winder. Please see the video here:

https://www.you  ch?v=yuk_sWbLKO0

There is another video that shows you how to trouble shoot your bobbin winder.
https://www.you  ch?v=Lo2d4k0P55U

The Mermaid's Den also has an excellent article on how to repair your bobbin winder.
http://mermaids  n-winder-singer/