Repairing a Tension Knob on a Singer Sewing Machine?

Without the ability to properly adjust the tension on your sewing machine stitches can vary and cause unsightly seams that can be too loose or too tight. This is a page about repairing the tension knob on a Singer sewing machine.

My Singer 6106 thread tension knob is just falling out of the machine. There doesn't seem to be anything that holds it in place. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Answers

Best Answer

The threads on the knob or the metal piece it screws onto are stripped. You need new parts.

Best Answer

You can find a new one here:
www.ebay.com/.../281290297669

This video provides more info on how to fix it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK5fWeyF-_Y

I'm trying to sew using my Singer machine, but the thread is tangling badly underneath my fabric. The stitching on the top of the fabric looks fine, but underneath its a mess. The bobbin is the right way up, and I'm fairly sure it's threaded properly as I followed the manuals instructions. I suspect the issue is the tension, as it feels the same whether I turn the dial up or down. Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated :)

Answers

If you are having an issue with the tension on the machine this could be a problem with the spring. In all cases I have encountered when sewing if the thread under the material is not correct it has to do with the way the bobbin is threaded. I would check the way you have threaded your bobbin and put it in the casing first.l Clean this area and add a drop of oil.

Do not add more. You may need to order a new unit for the tension if you have played around with it too much because in some cases it is too hard to adjust again or it will not hold if you do get it adjusted.

Thanks for replying, I'll keep in mind these ideas, however I managed to resolve the issue I couldn't see the tension dial very well, but the thread wasn't sitting in the right gap, so just a simple thing woops! :)

Sometimes the thread goes into a different gap or space, and if you move it, you're off and running.

How nice that you solved your problem and thanks for letting us know as sometimes a post back with how a problem was resolved may help someone else in the future who seems to be having the same type of problem.

I have a Singer 9217. The tension has given me issues. I have taken it apart and brushed out dust and thread pieces. I've checked adjustments, but my tension lever feels loose.

I need to remove the plastic casing around the lever, so my husband can get behind it to do repair, but I can't figure out how to remove it.

Answers

Singer has a guide for this machine. I would suggest that you visit Singer online and download the manual for your machine. On the site if you are still having issues, contact Singer direct. A service technician is always there to help you.
www.singerco.com/.../instruction-manuals

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesMarch 14, 2017
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Tension-Knob-on-a-Singer-Sewing-Machine.html