Repairing a Tension Knob on a Singer Sewing Machine

Without the ability to properly adjust the tension on your sewing machine stitches can vary and cause unsightly seams that can be too loose or too tight. This is a page about repairing the tension knob on a Singer sewing machine.

My Singer 6106 thread tension knob is just falling out of the machine. There doesn't seem to be anything that holds it in place. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Answers

Best Answer

The threads on the knob or the metal piece it screws onto are stripped. You need new parts.

Best Answer

You can find a new one here:
www.ebay.com/.../281290297669

This video provides more info on how to fix it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK5fWeyF-_Y

I have a Singer 9217. The tension has given me issues. I have taken it apart and brushed out dust and thread pieces. I've checked adjustments, but my tension lever feels loose.

I need to remove the plastic casing around the lever, so my husband can get behind it to do repair, but I can't figure out how to remove it.

Answers

Singer has a guide for this machine. I would suggest that you visit Singer online and download the manual for your machine. On the site if you are still having issues, contact Singer direct. A service technician is always there to help you.
www.singerco.com/.../instruction-manuals

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesMarch 14, 2017
🎃