Value of an Antique Singer Sewing Machine

Sewing machines have been around for over 100 years and there are many old-fashioned ones that can be still found for sale. This is a page about the value of an antique Singer sewing machine.

I am looking for any information on my 1874 Singer sewing machine. I am mostly interested in its value.

Answers

Best Answer

t is difficult to place a realistic selling value on a vintage machine as factors like true condition (difficult to tell from any photos), original or any restorations, working condition and where the machine is actually located as shipping would be very, very expensive.

• Be very, very careful of how you list an item on eBay because if you list it at a low price and only a few bids are placed, you are obligated to sell it at whatever the last bid amounts too.
  • Ad

• Also, if you show a low shipping cost you are obligated to ship even if it costs you more than the buyer pays. You can place a "reserve" price on the listing but that does cost extra and usually does not help sell a machine.
  • eBay can be very tricky for a novice so if you go that route, be sure to do a lot of research.
  • Most sewing machines with a cabinet are listed on eBay as "pick-up" only because it would be costly and very difficult to ship.
  • This just means that you may have better luck listing on local sites like Craigslist.
  • If your machine is in fairly good condition and is working then you may start your asking price at $250-300 as you can lower the price if no one shows an interest.
  • Here are some links to listings presently on eBay that can give you an idea of what people are ASKING for their machines. I have not found a listing of a sold machine (in cabinet) over the past 90 days. Also, some of these machines have been listed for sale over and over. Notice that many machines have "pick-up only" for shipping info.
  • Ad

• https://www.eba  oo0AAOSwk1haJIWz
  • https://www.eba  75.c100009.m1982
  • https://www.eba  75.c100005.m1851
  • https://www.eba  75.c100005.m1851

This is one comment from an appraisal firm:

Even restored it wouldn't be worth more than $100. Old singers no matter the condition are not rare.

Best Answer

My Great Grandma left my Dad one because he was an only child. The one we have is or looks the same as yours and it is the same year. Ours is missing a belt to the machine and my dad made a new one. The machine still works and was appraised at $225. Hope this helps. But you will need to take in consideration the condition of the machine and the cabinet. This plays a major role in determining the price of the machine.

I have an old Singer. The only number I can see is on a small gold plate. EF123093. Any idea of it's value?

Answers

Best Answer

Vintage sewing machine:

1. Your sewing machine serial number EF123093 was manufactured in 1911.
  2. Ad

3. You can determine this by a serial number look up by Singer: http://cf.ltkcd  erial-Number.pdf
  4. Here you will see the serial number starting with E and the F reference. Go down to the number and it says 1911.
  5. According to Singer the value of your machine is determined by the condition of the machine, and the desirability of this model.
  6. Singer suggests that you have your machine looked at and appraised by an Appraiser.
  7. You can take your machine to an antique store and see if they will give you a value to buy this machine.
  8. Now take this value and double it and this will give you the retail value of your machine.
  9. Also look in the store and see if they have a machine that is similar to yours.
  10. Ask the price and how long it has been on sale in the store.
  11. You will need to determine how many months and every 3 months that it sits in the store it looses value by half.
  12. Selling online will be difficult because you'll have to include shipping and handling costs. Shipping an older sewing machine is quite expensive.

I would appreciate it if I can get a price value for a Singer sewing machine with the Ser. No:- V1459781 Class 127. According to Singer this machine was manufactured July - December 1909.

Answers

The first machine was invented in 1851. The closer your machine is to that date, the more it's worth. It also depends on the condition. You can take it to a dealer, see what he offers and multiply by 2.

Here is an excellent article on the subject:http://ismacs.n  chine_worth.html

It seems that over the years this model has gone up and down in value but I did find current listings on eBay and one was recently sold but there are many factors that determine value (and asking price is only that - asking) and some machine are in excellent condition and a collector may pay more than the normal value.
These machines are very difficult to ship so most people try to sell them close to their home such as Craigslist rather than eBay.
The value goes up if there is a good carrying case or table.

Here is a link to eBay but these are current listings (7/2017).

https://www.eba  eel&_sacat=0

https://www.eba  -66&_sacat=0

Here is a link to a site that you can ask for an appraisal and the answer comes from experts in this type of item. It is free - no cost to you.

https://www.jus  ing-machine.html

The condition of your sewing machine will determine the value. My grandmother had one she sewed on for years. Fifteen years ago a person offered us $200 for the machine because the original belt was gone. However, today we were offered $400 for the same machine.

I saw on eBay that the machine is selling anywhere from $170 to $600 depending on the condition the machine is in.

I am actually in South Africa. According to Singer Model List my machine was built between July - December 1909 and it is in working condition, i serviced it about 4 months ago.

Your machine looks gorgeous.. I know it is difficult to really tell by a photo but I would love to have it! Too bad you live so far away..
I believe your machine would be well worth $300 or more (in the US) but it would be very difficult to place a value with you living in South Africa.
Have you checked your eBay sales lately? You can place a "watch" on something like this but it is no longer easy as eBay no longer has a link for "wanted items".
Sorry I could not be of more help but thanks for posting back with information on where you live and a nice photo of your Singer. Maybe someone else will be able to give you a better answer.

I am trying to find the value of an antique Singer sewing in a cabinet?
Info on the machine:
Pat. 5/22/1885
Aug21
D 1343102 machine
Service 5047431-motor

Answers

If it is in good condition, it is in the $200 range, based on what I have seen on eBay.

There are a lot of these older machines listed on sale sites but finding an identical sold machine may never happen and that is how most appraisers determine current value.

You can always check for sale listings on eBay, Etsy and Google to see if you can find your machine or a very similar one. Check eBay sold listings also as asking prices do not mean the machine will sell for that price.

I did not find your serial number on the Singer dating chart so recheck it to be sure. It appears your machine was made in 1908-1909.

ismacs.net/.../singer-d-series-serial-numbers.html

Here are some sites to help you research the value of your machine.

ismacs.net/.../how_much_is_my_sewing_machine_worth...

antiques.lovetoknow.com/Antique_Singer_Sewing_Machine_Value

Sometimes you can get a free online appraisal that may help you describe your machine if you list it for sale.

www.whatsellsbest.com/.../antiques.html

You may want to list your machine on Craigslist or any other site (except eBay unless you are an experienced seller already) as you can start the price high and lower it if no one shows an interest.

You will need lots of pictures of every part of the machine, cabinet and markings/numbers.

I have a Singer sewing machine, serial # 14012753. It appears from the database it was manufactured in 1874. The sewing machine is is excellent condition. It has the original leather belt, rotary button hole attachment, all the sewing attachments, and the wooden machine cover. All the handles, draw slides, etc. are in excellent condition. What would the starting value on the east coast of Canada be?

Answers

They seem to be in the $150-$200 range in the US. Canada will be a bit higher.

I have a Singer sewing machine 1906 H series White Rotary USA with cabinet. How can I determine the value?

Answers

It could vary, depending upon condition, from a low of $50 to a high of around $500. I would upload pictures to this website for a better appraisal: www.collectorsweekly.com/.../35979-1906-singer-sewing-machine

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesMarch 22, 2018
🐛
📓
🌻
😎