Value of Old Singer Sewing Machine

I would appreciate it if I can get a price value for a Singer sewing machine with the Ser. No:- V1459781 Class 127. According to Singer this machine was manufactured July - December 1909.

The first machine was invented in 1851. The closer your machine is to that date, the more it's worth. It also depends on the condition. You can take it to a dealer, see what he offers and multiply by 2.

Here is an excellent article on the subject:ismacs.net/.../how_much_is_my_sewing_machine_worth...

It seems that over the years this model has gone up and down in value but I did find current listings on eBay and one was recently sold but there are many factors that determine value (and asking price is only that - asking) and some machine are in excellent condition and a collector may pay more than the normal value.

These machines are very difficult to ship so most people try to sell them close to their home such as Craigslist rather than eBay.
The value goes up if there is a good carrying case or table.

Here is a link to eBay but these are current listings (7/2017).

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_odkw=Singer+sewing+machine...

Here is a link to a site that you can ask for an appraisal and the answer comes from experts in this type of item. It is free - no cost to you.

www.justanswer.com/.../6l1gp-1908-1909-antique-singer-sewing...

The condition of your sewing machine will determine the value. My grandmother had one she sewed on for years. Fifteen years ago a person offered us $200 for the machine because the original belt was gone. However, today we were offered $400 for the same machine.

I saw on eBay that the machine is selling anywhere from $170 to $600 depending on the condition the machine is in.

I am actually in South Africa. According to Singer Model List my machine was built between July - December 1909 and it is in working condition, i serviced it about 4 months ago.

Your machine looks gorgeous.. I know it is difficult to really tell by a photo but I would love to have it! Too bad you live so far away..

I believe your machine would be well worth $300 or more (in the US) but it would be very difficult to place a value with you living in South Africa.
Have you checked your eBay sales lately? You can place a "watch" on something like this but it is no longer easy as eBay no longer has a link for "wanted items".
Sorry I could not be of more help but thanks for posting back with information on where you live and a nice photo of your Singer. Maybe someone else will be able to give you a better answer.

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousAugust 1, 2017
🐛
📓
🌻
😎