Finding the Value of Vintage CorningWare

Category Miscellaneous

This tempered glass cookware has been common throughout the US for many years. This page is about finding the value of vintage CorningWare.

I have a 5 qt with lid A5B and a 3 qt with lid A3B Corningware with floral bouquet design. I read that this is a rare design from approximately 1971 to 1975. They are in great condition, any idea what these may be worth?

Answers

Replacements LTD. offering $ 41.99 for 3 quart and $50 to $55 for the 5 quart.

You can find prices for floral bouquet Corningware on eBay and Etsy.

I would not go by the price that was posted here on the site. I would dig a bit deeper into this one. Here is a post that you might find very interesting. www.bhg.com.au/your-old-corningware-collection-could.... I have the exact set that is listed in this post and had no idea how valuable it really is. I did get mine in 1975 from my grandmother. I wsa shocked to read how much one piece is actually worth.

I am not saying that you can sell it for this but it is worth checking into. If you have a rare patter like I do just one piece can fetch you up to $7000. Dig a bit deeper and check around. Don't just sell it off until you can actually verify what it is worth. Many of the sets back in 1971 to 75 are now selling by piece for up to $7000 for one dish. I do think you have the Floral Boutique and you are sitting on a gold mine if this is the case.

Great pattern! Sadly, the values have dropped over the past few years as Marie Kondo got people to downsize.

The last I saw this pattern sell, sold not asking prices, was three casseroles for 26.00 plus shipping, so 8.66 each + shipping.

If they were mine, I would start them higher, maybe 19.99 each and take best offer. Let me know how your sale goes! Thanks for posting.

There seems to be several different patterns called 'Floral Bouquet' so you have to look very closely to be sure it is the same pattern.

I did not see any of your pattern on Replacements - similar but not the same. I could have missed one.

eBay has several in this same pattern listed for sale and asking prices are below $60 plus shipping. You could check the pattern to be sure and place a watch on any item to see if it sells.
Check the pattern closely - not what the seller states.

www.ebay.com/.../283648609245?hash=item420ac64bdd...

www.ebay.com/.../233447378566?hash=item365a8c4e86...

Free shipping on this one:

www.ebay.com/.../303211291134?hash=item4698cd21fe...

Here is a link to eBay's Corningware 5 qt listings so you might check to see what else is like your pattern.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524...

eBay's sold listings has one 5 qt in your pattern but a different style.
It seems the Amber Ware is the most popular seller but these do seem to be selling - all patterns but not all at high prices.

You can check this out just for reference.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=corning+ware...

www.ebay.com/.../392627520901?hash=item5b6a6c8585...

I found another, better example (higher sold price) for your exact pattern--this one had 4 with lids sell for 49.99 + shipping, so roughly 12.49 each (plus shipping).

That was slightly higher than the per piece price of the first one I found.

When there are multiple sales, I do an average when accepting best offer (or I run the sale as an auction--7 day, starting at the least I would take!

I am looking for the value of CorningWare blue wheat flower set of covered casseroles.

Answers

I have this pattern and love it!!

They are averaging selling (SOLD Prices) $14.99 each plus shipping. This is for both the 1.5 and 2 Q size. The bigger sizes fetch up to $20 each.

It is all about condition with the ones that are pristine going for higher and ones with dishwasher scratches and fading going for as low as $4.99.

If you have one of the little range topper pots with the lid, those do so much better, with pristine ones averaging $35-$40 plus shipping.

If you have extra lids that are pristine, they sell faster than the top/bottom together (but since you have both pieces, it is NOT wise to break up the sets.) In this case it is best to sell sets together.

If you do have stray lids, they sell for upwards of $15 each, but it is complicated in that you have to list with all of the numbers from the piece and it is best to know exactly what pattern and size dish it came from originally.

I was trying to buy a replacement lid a while back and learned you can't just go by measurements. The lid "lips" can be different and even though it measures at X by Y, if you don't match the numbers to what you had it may not fit.

Many sellers have no clue what they are selling (meaning they are trying to flip something they found at a thrift store) so I stopped trying to find a lid and now just use foil.

I have read about how these items can sell for thousands of dollars but when you go to eBay to check prices they are not selling for what the websites say they sell for. You can check out eBHay and see these items sell for various prices and some list different items starting at just $8.00 and going up from there. You can see most of them range around $8 to $40 for each item. However, you can also see where some people have listed them for $7,500 for one dish. www.ebay.com/.../223838000852?hash=item341dc8d6d4.... I do know that one person did sell just one item for $7000 but I am not sure how many others have sold for this price. Here is an article that might interest you about the value of CorningWare and why it could be valuable. www.timesfreepress.com/.../

Sadly, any time you see items going for huge amounts when the average is low, it is a scam, either money laundering, shill biding, or other bad stuff.

The media gets a hold of these huge sales and puts out these articles about do you have X or Y or Z in your closet, it could be worth thousands.

It has happened with Beanie Babies, Disney Videos, Pyrex, Corning, just about anything. It makes me crazy.

When I teach eBay 101, this is one of the first lessons I teach. Drop the high, high values, and the low, low values and look for the middle ground.

The low-lows are sometimes scams also where someone sells a valuable item for a penny to try to hack your PayPal or your eBay. For a while, they were doing this to collect email addresses to sell to spammers!

Average prices are the average sales and safe places to start!

This is still one of the most popular patterns as far as number of sales and that is an important factor as nobody wants to list an item and see it still for sale weeks/months later.

The best way to know what and how to sell your items is to look for exact or similar items on eBay and place a watch to see if they sell or if they are just 'sitting' there.

Sometimes you can find an exact match on the eBay's sold listings and that would tell you what someone was willing to pay - current value.
You can look at their site on this link:

I have a 5 qt A-5-B, CorningWare dish. It has the lid and there are no chips. It is from a set of 3 with the spice sayings on front: L' Echolote, La Marjolaine, and Le Romarin. I have only one of these. What is this dish worth?

Answers

I don't know.
I would put them at $150 for the set,but if thy are older I would up the price.

What is highest value in demand pattern as far as CorningWare goes?

I have two La Marjolaine 2 liter Corningware A-2-B dishes. Are these worth anything, if so, how much do you think I could ask for them?

Answers

Nice! They sell regularly from 7-19 dollars depending on if you have the glass lids and/or storage lids.

There is a lot of misinformation floating about that these are worth thousands. Sadly that is false. High sold values on eBay are usually a scam or money laundering.

There are some blog sites that post these are worth around $7000 or more for each one. This is a bogus price and it is not even possible. If you check listing online the dishes are selling from $8.99 to $35.

I believe it has now become a game with some sellers but mostly just people who are harboring a 'dream' and have all these listings with ridiculous asking prices.

Here is a link to the same type of dishes that you have so you can see what everyone is talking about. Just do not believe this will happen unless it is a scam or ???

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...

Here is a link to the same type dishes that have actually sold on eBay over the past several months.

I have several pieces of Corningware, the blue corn flower pattern. What could they be worth p-1-b, P-41, P-315, P84-4, p-12-0, and 11/2b.

Answers

Depending on the pieces, they are worth $10 and up. www.ebay.com/.../bn_92858321

My favorite pattern!!! I love these and they are still popular, although their resale has dropped over the years as people like me who love them get older and don't cook as much start selling them off glutting the market. The supply is very high right now and while the demand is steady, it is not always high, so that keeps the prices on the lower side.

I have sold off some of my smaller casseroles in the $5-10 range. I can get a little more $10-15 if you have the lids and they are in really good shape (color and condition are everything in reselling these.

I am going to attach a link to today's eBay's SOLD prices so you can get a feel for what people are paying for them today and how people describe condition:

With the new postal regulations, I won't be selling them online any more since the size of the box now is figured into the cost of the shipping.

To safely pack one of the larger casseroles or my lasagna pan will now cost almost $50 to ship from PA to CA. No buyer is going to pay that! I am not happy with the post office at the moment.

Best to sell at flea market or consignment store or use one of the sites like Facebook or Nextdoor where you can do local pick up.

You will get the most for them if you get them nice and clean also, especially the lids. I do a vinegar, salt and baking soda scrub on stubborn spots on the bottom and soak the lids in hot water with this same mix. It will increase your chances to sell!

Anonymous

Try flat rate box

I have three pieces, with lids, of the l'echalote pattern pattern with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and avocado done in brown, gold, and red. Are they of any value?
Any info appreciated!
Thank you.

I have the L'EChalote cookware by Corning. I am wondering what the value is.

Answers

Is that the white with the orange and yellow flowers?

That is one of the most common patterns and the pieces range in value from $5 to $15 each as long as they are in pristine condition and have the original lids.

That is the value on eBay. If you sell them at a yard sale or consignment store, they fetch well under that...sometimes as low as $2-5 each.

The challenge with these is they are heavy and the packaging so they don't break is a pain. I have sold these and had one get smushed (yep...a smushed corning). It was VERY well wrapped too. Very sad.

This piece is asking $28.75. www.etsy.com/.../vintage-lechalote-corningware-square...

I have a black, starburst, 9 cup Corningware percolator from 1959. Does anyone know a value? I believe it is rare.

By Christine

Answers

Hi - this may be rare - check out eBay or Google the info and you will be surprised at all the info you will get.
You can also go to Corning web site as they have a lot of info on older items.
Good luck in your search.

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJanuary 27, 2013
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-13 14:39:31 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️