Identifying Vintage Drinking Glasses

Category Miscellaneous
To know the value of any antique, it is important to know it's origin. This is a page about identifying vintage drinking glasses.

I have 6 of these 6 glasses. They have a circle in a circle pattern. There is the number 30 on the bottom of the glasses. Anyone know what these are and what the value is?

Answers

Best Answer

Most drinking glasses like these are not highly sought after and do not bring in much of a value if you try to sell them. A lot of glasses like this were given away as promotional items back in the 70s to 80s and they normally came with a drink inside of them or a box of soap.

Finding out more on glasses like this is almost impossible. If you like it is possible to take one of them to a vintage antique store and have them examine the glass for you. That would be the best way to find out more on this glass and online there isn't that much information on glasses at all.

Best Answer

These are called Circle Ware Circles glassware - On eBay a set of 4 is offered at $7.50 plus $10.55 shipping - Amazon offering $13 for 4 .

Best Answer

The company that makes these is Circleware and this pattern is Circles.
This pattern is still in production so these are most likely not very old.

Some have sold recently on eBay so take your pick of value according to the size you have.

Looking over the sold prices of these glasses it appears that sellers may be clearing $2 a glass (unless they get broken in shipment).
This does include whatever the seller paid for the glasses - just the amount from the sale as these listings are 'free shipping' which of course is not free and seller has to pay eBay and PayPal fees out of the sale money.
Check the listing for your size glasses.

www.ebay.com/.../193482960042?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006...

www.ebay.com/.../283874366880?hash=item42183b15a0...

www.ebay.com/.../273460588922?epid=1345476972&hash...

Best Answer

I am not convinced these are Circleware brand as the brand usually has a double teardrop mark on the bottom and not a number, but I have not seen every glass they made, so it is possible some just had a number.

There is a Turkish (I think) company that makes/made a similar line of these glasses also called Pasabahce. Here is their website:

www.pasabahce.com/en

You could contact both companies to get their feedback. Here is the Circleware website.

www.circleglass.com/contact.html

Either way, the value is going to be supply and demand based, with a slightly higher potential value from Pasabahce than Circleware. I have seen similar Pasabahce glasses sell for $5-10 each while Circleware sell for $1-5 each.

Post back what you learn.

When you are listing online, be sure to use terms like embossed circles and optic rings in the description and focus on the heft of the base. Be very careful when listing to ensure there are no hidden cracks or chips. These are hard to find because of the pattern and I often find them by carefully running a fingernail in a up and down pattern on each glass looking for the nail to "catch" which could show the defects.

Can someone help me identify this drinking glass? I have searched, with no luck at all. What year it was manufactured?

There is no maker's mark. The markings are not attached or decals they are made into the glass.

Answers

Best Answer

Art glass like this has been around for years (early 20th century).

This piece has a very 1950s/1960s vibe to it, although this style has come and gone many times and could be as recently made as last week.

Do you have any art glass studios in your town? If so, you could try sending a photo to them to see if it is one of their patterns (past or present). Ours (Pittsburgh has a huge art glass community) often do theme classes and this would be one of the themes.

Post back what you learn! This is a neat piece! Thanks for sharing!

Who made these?

Answers

Best Answer

This is a 1960's Cotton Glass Tumbler, here is more info and price- www.etsy.com/.../1960s-cotton-glass-tumbler?gpla=1...

Can anybody tell me the name of this pattern? I bought six of these drinking glasses in blue, and would like to find a few more if possible. But no set of descriptive words I try in Google bring up these glasses.

Answers

Best Answer

These look like glasses given away in Duz laundry detergent and similar promotions in the 1950s and 1960s. I would have a dealer look at it if I were you.

Best Answer

I believe this is Recollection Blue by Indiana Glass ...the glasses/pattern is often described as a tall flat tumbler with light blue diamond pattern. Also sometimes called pint glasses.

There are some for sale on Etsy. Check prices. Etsy is often over priced.

I just would like to know if these were from a giveaway or any info on them.

Answers

Best Answer

Victorian figures were very popular in bar ware in the 1940s-1960s, but for some reason this piece does not look that old. The etching is too clean and the piece is too thick...the older pieces--at least all that I am familiar with were very thin glass and the etching was always very dull even if the item was not used much...just from age.

Maybe with a little more info, I can help you figure it out.

How tall is the glass? How many do you have?

What are the women holding? I can see the men have top hats and rifles.

Is there a letter or number on the bottom?

What are all of the things along the bottom--I see a coffee pot, a tea pot, not sure what else? I am guessing that is why you suspect they were a promotional item.

Thanks for posting! I will look for more details!

Best Answer

I have seen these glasses and a few other ones that my grandmother use to get when she visited a store or even a Taco Bell back in the late '70s. I know she got some just like this that had Christmas trim on them from a soapbox I think. I just know she had tons of them and she use to bring them down and give them to my dad when she had too many of them for her.

I'm trying to find out the brand and style of this glass. I am not sure of its age either.

Answers

Best Answer

Many companies made this in the 1950s and 1960s. Unless there is a marking on the bottom of the glass, it will be difficult to identify who made it.

Best Answer

A lot of glasses like this were given away in soap. My grandma has a major collection of these. Each time she bought a certain brand of soap she received a new glass. I think there were 4 different styles and this looks like one of them.

I picked up a bunch of glasses that have this mark on the underside. They appear to be from the 50s or 60s. I can't seem to find anything on Google in reference to the mark which appears to be a small flower or poppy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

There were hundreds of drinking glasses just like yours that were made in this era that were given away in soap or stores for free. I know that my grandma has hundreds of them when she died and was always giving them away. I also know that Jack in the Box and Taco Bell gave them away for free when you bought a drink. The images is hard to see the full glass and you have only shown the symbol on the bottom. You can try to find some vintage sites online and check there.

I bought a set of 8 of these glasses. They are quite heavy and are five and 1/2" tall. There is a silver rim at the top. I'm trying to figure out if they may be vintage? And, if so, I wonder how old they might be!

Can someone tell me the maker and pattern of these vintage/antique glasses? These belonged to my great aunt and all my mom can remember is they are German.
Thank you!

I need help identifying these glass tumblers. I've googled them every way I can think of.

Answers

The Antiques Roadshow appraisal website has thousands of appraisals on file. Hopefully you will find your tumblers. www.pbs.org/.../

So I've had this small glass since the 80s. I'd like to find more, but searching has been limited to date. Glass and pawn are not the greatest search terms.
Any help would be appreciated.

...and I found it. Embossed pawn brought me to Capstan Glass Company. Maybe this helps someone else.

Answers

Best Answer

The Capstan Glass Co is correct!! Thanks for sharing!!

I found 2 of these at the thrift store and cannot identify them. Can anyone help?

Can anyone help me identify these glasses? I have 3 of them and would like to search for more. Knowing the origin may help me to locate some!

Thanks so much!

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJanuary 3, 2017
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Vintage-Drinking-Glasses.html