Identifying Vintage Drinking Glasses

To know the value of any antique, it is important to know it's origin. This is a guide about identifying vintage drinking glasses.

I need help identifying these glass tumblers. I've googled them every way I can think of.

Answers

The Antiques Roadshow appraisal website has thousands of appraisals on file. Hopefully you will find your tumblers. www.pbs.org/.../

Anonymous

Thank you very much.

You say glass tumblers so does that mean you have more than one?

Are these pictures of one glass?
Or are there several different glasses/pictures - like a set of 4-8?

• I have never seen a glass like this but it resembles the "prizes" or special glasses that fast food restaurants gave away several years ago.
  • It is possible it was some sort of special at Thanksgiving time as this is clearly a Pilgrim family.
  • I believe you may be able to get some answers if you post pictures on the eBay community board.
  • You will have to be an eBay member to post your question but it is easy to post but be sure you are very clear in your description and submit very good pictures (these are good pictures but you need to state if this is just one glass or several glasses) and also the size of the glass.
  • Also provide any information you have regarding the provenance of the glasses.
  • I will provide a link but if there is a problem connecting then you can Google eBay community board Pottery, Glass & Porcelain.
  • Ad

• community.ebay.com/.../275
  • Please post a reply if you happen to find out where they were made/sold.

Hi. I found multiple listings for these on an archive ebay site I frequent, but for some reason can't share the posts (I guess because you have to have a user name and log in to do so). The listing says it was a set of 4 from the 1970s. The seller said he/she was not able to find a like version on Ebay or Etsy.

From what I can see they never sold in the 20-25.00 range (were listed multiple times).

The seller didn't know who produced them and I have no memory of these...although they look so familiar. I used to be a huge fan of character glasses from the 50s through the 70s, then I lost interest because they would break too easily and I would get sad.

These remind me of a gas station or jelly glass, but those are usually very well known types and typically were marked with the company since they doubled as promo items.

There is an outside chance replacements.com could ID them exactly, but I have had no luck with them on this type of item...they are great for good china and silver, but this type of stuff is hit or miss.

If I were to sell, I would try them in the mid teens, with a buy it now of best offer and let the buyer offer what he/she wants.

Maybe someone with a better memory will be able to know exactly who produced them. Thanks for sharing!

PS...the 2016 auctions were listed under the title VTG Pilgrim Thanksgiving Holiday Fall Harvest Character Drink Glasses Set Of 4

I have 2 they are identical. The pictures are all from one glass.
Thank you for the link. I am an eBay memeber.

Thank you so much. I have googled them with every name variation I could think of with no luck.

These have been in the family for many years. There are no markings or imprints on the glasses. We are trying to identify their origin.

There was a pitcher with the set however it cracked and was discarded.

Answers

Look on eBay or do a
Google search using a description of the item. We found out that our mother's cherished tea set had only sentimental value by doing this.

Beautiful glasses.
Information will be difficult to find with no markings available.

I use eBay community/discussion boards a lot when trying to identify items like this so maybe you could try this also.

I have a link to the board you will need but if you are not familiar with uploading photos you may have to ask how to do this. You will need to supply photos (a photo of a single glass may also be necessary) and size but maybe someone will have some ideas. Remember - this is a holiday time and a lot of the regulars may not be answering question this week.

If, by chance, you do not get any answers, try reposting later in January.

community.ebay.com/.../228

Here is a site which may help you:
www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia_home.htm

Try asking at some antique shops on on ebay.

Can anyone identify the pattern on these glasses? They are from the late 40s or early 50s. I'm interested in finding more of the juice size and the mid-size, but cannot find them anywhere.

Answers

I would write to the Libbey company. I have a feeling they make them.

Oh Ok thank you..I will do that

I would check with replacments.com:

www.replacements.com/

I have had many successful transactions with them. They can identify the pattern and if they are out of stock, they notify you of when they are restocked. They are reasonably priced and their packaging is top notch!

There is an easy to follow link to identify patterns.

There are several hundred etched glass listings! If you like the hunt you can match yours to their photos.

Post back with the name!! They are lovely with a mid century modern vibe!!

I have a set of 4 of these glasses. They are dark frosted green with the gold emblem. They are 5 inches high. They were handed down to me and I've had them for several years, but never had any info on them. There are no markings of any kind inside, outside, or on the bottom.

Answers

It's going to be hard with no markings. You might want to take it to some dealers who specialize in glass.

it will be very difficult to locate information without more details as there are thousands of glasses made each year and just as many years ago. Libby did make a lot of frosted glasses but I've never seen any like this.
If you are an eBay member you can post this photo and information on their glassware forum and ask for help in identifying the maker. There are some very good people on these forums and one of them might be able to help you.

Here is a link if you are interested.

community.ebay.com/.../275