Determining the Value of Noritake China?

Category Miscellaneous
Noritake china has been manufactured for decades and some of the older pieces have retained their value while others are worth little. This is a page about determining the value of Noritake china.

I obtained this set at an estate sale. It is just a delicate set that appealed to me. Can you tell me its age and value if any? I just loved the look.

Answers

Best Answer

I believe this pattern is as notedonntge bottom, NORITAKE Savannah Pattern #2031 and you gave a Footed Cup. The pattern was made from the late 1960s thru the early 1990s.

I hope cybergrannie weighs in because she has a lot of knowledge on dishes and may know how I determine the year.

The cup and saucer set just sold recently on eBay for 4.99 for two how and two saucers. That is today's current market value!

Pretty pattern! I can see why you love it!!

My cousin has a set of this pattern. I think it might be the Claytonpattern, but the stamp doesn't match the ones I've found online. Could you help me with the identification, including age and value?
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

This does seem to be named 'Clayton' as Replacements is famous for their knowledge of china patterns.
For a general idea of the value of individual pieces you can see what they have listed for sale:

www.replacements.com/.../n__clay.htm?query=noritake%20china...

They are closed at the present time but here is a link where you can send your pictures and questions after April 1st. They will need to know the number of place settings and any accessorizes available and will tell you if they are interested in buying this set. Their price will be low but it will give you a starting point of true value (they may not be interested in buying - that would be sad as it would indicate it is not considered even a medium seller).

"The wreath element in the mark was used from circa 1914 until 1940. Some Noritake china has the word "Nippon" on it however that would be used only until 1921 when import rules required the use of the word "Japan" on such export items. The Noritake stamp was presented in green, blue, gold, and magenta.

From 1921 until World War II, Noritake pieces were stamped with "Japan" or "Made in Japan"."

There is a lot of history behind Noritake - different names/different marks all mean something so be sure when doing research you get everything exactly as this set.

The mark on this china indicates it was produced from 1914 through 1940. It may be difficult to pinpoint the exact date this pattern was produced.

www.pinterest.com/.../

www.drloriv.com/.../Noritake

Here is a link to another site that may be interested in buying this set. Contact them through this link:

www.robbinsnest.com/general-email-form.php

You can always do research online but asking prices are not current value prices and you may not find a 'sold' set of this pattern.

Another member - Pghgirl - will check this out and provide a lot more information on true value and selling this set.

Best Answer

cybergrannie gave you lots of great info!! I did an image search on Replacements and they have 3 versions of the pattern--what I have found it this is how they differentiate the ones they can pinpoint the year from the ones that they can't.

Here is the link for what I am seeing:

www.replacements.com/.../ab86ee52c9fbbc672ed88801f4deb79a03be27c3

Some people prefer the older versions because the colors were better and they want their sets to match--like my beloved Homer Laughlin pieces there were often slight color and even very slight pattern variations when they reproduced patterns year over over year.

As for value, there are no sold examples in recent months and many unsold examples with plates/bowls at an average of 7.00 each, serving pieces an average of $40 each, and multi-piece sets in the range of $600 each. This is on eBay US and eBay UK.

The market was soft for chinaware BEFORE the coronavirus crisis...now it has almost ceased.

If you are asking to sell, look at all of the unsold prices and try to sell yours starting at 1/4 to 1/2 off the UNSOLD prices.

Not a good time to sell. Maybe when the world settles and right before the Thanksgiving holiday you can see if you can fetch more for them.

They are very pretty!! Cheerful!!

I came upon a set of 6 of these plates 4 different flower designs with 2 repeating. The stamp on the back reads: Noritake, Hand Painted, and Made in Japan. I was wondering how old these are and if they are worth anything. Any help is appreciated, thanks. :)

I have a 1968 12 piece Noritake 6842 set, that was never used. Any idea what it's worth?

Answers

Best Answer

This beautiful delicate design is called Noritake Casablanca. A 5 piece setting on https://www.replacements.com is priced at $47.99 a setting. On https://www.ebay.com has a 8 piece hostess set for $149.96

I have serval pieces of Noritake China, Japan 5317 Somerset. How can I find out how much the pieces are worth?

Answers

Best Answer

This is a popular pattern but there are a lot of all pieces available.
You do not say what pieces you have so just take a look at what is listed for sale to get an idea as to the prices sellers are asking for each item.
Asking prices are not current value as only a sold item can tell you what someone is willing to pay for that piece.

www.etsy.com/search?q=Noritake%20Somerset&source...

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524...

eBay is the only site that gives information sold listings but you can check this out to see if any of your pieces have been sold over the past several months.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=noritake+somerset...

It is difficult to determine how long a seller has had an item listed as sellers tend to leave items listed for months/years and some sell and some do not.

Best Answer

On E-Bay your china ranges 665.00 to 20.00,the higher price is a whole set.

I have a Noritake china tea set. The pattern is #1389 and it has the 1926 RC Japan stamp. The stamp is red, which I know is uncommon, but I don't know how it might change the price. I also have not been able to find anything on the teapot that I have. I have seen prices for almost everything else with a green RC stamp, but not this teapot. So I only have a rough approximation of the value of this set.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Answers

Best Answer

That you already have the pattern name (Noritake #1389) you have half the battle done, so the question remains--does the color of the logo make a difference?

Did you post your question to Instaappraisal?

instappraisal.com/.../sarrweller

If not, someone is asking the same question. So you may want to follow this post to see what they say. I was told no, it does not make a difference, but it was from someone who is knowledgeable, but NOT an expert (I was trying to sell some of my own of another pattern).

If you are looking to value your piece, there is a set (is it yours?) listed on eBay for $200.

www.ebay.com/.../184093763242?_trkparms=aid%3D111001...

If that sets sells, that will tell you the current market value.

Replacements shows what they sell this pattern for on their site, but they do not distinguish between colors of the marking. You can always ask them if it makes a difference and see what they tell you. I have dealt with them many times over the years and found them to be nice and easy to work with.

Lately they do not pay much and have not taken some of the pieces I wanted to sell (glut on the market), but they are always a great resource.

Post back what you learn!

Best Answer

I am not sure if you have asked for an instant appraisal on this site or not - instappraisal.com/.../noritake-china-tea-set-pattern-1389.... Someone who has the exact set as you did posted it here. I think they have given an answer to the value but it is hard to tell unless I create an account and log into the site.

Here on this site there was an appraisal done for a complete of dishes from the pattern you have with the same RC in red. You can see the finding here. It appears that the value of sold sets of dishes and not just tea sets ranges from $190 to $200. The tea set would sell for much less. The set that was appraised was 12 piece dinner setting. You can see what they have appraised this for on this site - www.justanswer.com/.../9ih08-noriitake-china-pattern-1389...

What is the value of Noritake N212 china 7 pc service for 8?

Answers

Best Answer

4 Bowls along are going for $49 on eBay. It seems to be rare and in demand.www.ebay.com/.../292990902378

Best Answer

Unfortunately there is very little demand for these pieces. All of the auctions at the moment are unsold on eBay at a variety of prices.

Many of the auctions have been relisted over and over for months. And no one is willing to pay just about any asking price for them (although I think most sellers as WAY too much, but that is just me).

You could try to contact Replacements Inc and see if they are buying this pattern. In 2010 I did quite well with a huge sale to them of my grandmother's dishes that I no longer wanted.

My most recent experience with them was not bad, just that they are not buying most brands as the supply has skyrocketed and the demand has tanked. While they did not say this, I blame that woman who is the declutter person (Marie Kondo) for the supplies of things like dishes and most everything that people have decluttered cluttering the market for second hand items. This had driven prices for just about everything WAY, WAY, down.

It is sad. Good if you are buying, terrible if you are trying to sell.

Add to that that kids these days do not want dishes and oldsters like me have our grandparents, parents, and our own we are trying to sell off.

I wish I had better news for you.

Your best bet is to figure out a price that you would like to get for them, put them on Facebook Marketplace, LetGo or some local site and then take best offer OR if you can find a consignment store to take them off your hands and sell you for them, even better. They handle all the muss and fuss and you will get (hopefully) a little something.

I wish I had better news for you! So sad as these were so valuable "back in the day".

Can anyone tell me when Noritake made these? It was my great grandmothers.

I have a set of Noritake china with at least 6 of each of a tea set as well as 6 side plates, dinner plates, soup bowls, 2 serving bowls, 2 large platters, and a salad bowl. The design is Tiffany N 6806. Can anyone give some input on its possible value?

Kind regards.

Answers

Best Answer

The price of Noritake China varies so much these days. I see a different set than yours that is older than the one you have selling on eBay for $399.95. This one is a 60 piece serving set. People are listing the sets and even pieces of China for very low to higher prices. In order to find out the true value of your set it is best to ask an appraiser for help. They can give you the true value of yur set. I can only go by what I see online and what people are selling it for. This does not mean they will get what they are asking for the pieces they are selling. Most of the China has sat on eBay for quite some time and never sold.

Best Answer

I believe your pattern is Justine, not Tiffany. It's one of the more sought after patterns. Two soup bowls just sold for 54.00!

I think you have a nice value in these pieces in the right setting. Best to see if you can find an in person venue to sell.

If you are an experienced seller and have the time, I would sell them off in pairs or singles to maximize your profit. I can offer tips if you are not an experienced seller!

Post back if you need more info!

The bottom emblem has no style name or number. Any idea what style this set is, and a ball-park of what they might be worth?

I have a set of Noritake china, including a serving plate, 6 side plates, 5 saucers, and 4 cups with the burgundy Meruki stamp, "Made in Japan". I can't find an exact design match on the internet to determine the design or value, if any. Do you know anything about this set please?

I have a set of Sheridan, Noritake china with M in the insignia. It was made in Japan. US design, PAT. OW533 (hard to read). Any ideas what it might be worth? It is from the early part of last century.

By Susan B

Answers

Best Answer

Noritake china is ubiquitous in this country and most commonly used in restaurants, homes, airlines, etc. The import of Noritaki to the US from Japan started in 1910 so is not considered "antique" by Chinese researchers.
antiques.lovetoknow.com/Antique_Noritake_China

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousMay 2, 2019
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Determining-the-Value-of-Noritake-China.html