Determining the Value of an Older Sewing Machine

Category Miscellaneous
Some vintage and antique sewing machines have value to collectors. This is a page about determining the value of an older sewing machine.

Just want to share this pic of my sewing machine. I want to know if attachments are hard to come by. The model number is 117-959. Any idea of resale value also?

Answers

Best Answer

There are some sellers on eBay who have the machine + accessories. You could always ask them to break up the set and sell you the accessories separately. Some are willing because a "bid" i the and is worth two in the bush (to misquote the famous saying of a bird in the hand). Here are today's listings:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=117-959+kennmore...

As for the value, it depends on if it is working, you have the book, and the overall condition of the cabinet.

Right now on eBay all of the machines that were listed are unsold (so the value is nothing until they sell):

You may want to watch the active sales from the first link to get SOLD prices and that will give you today's value--as long as you see an apples to apples match.

Post back what you decide! This machine is a work horse and can last you forever if well cared for!!

Best Answer

You will have to do a lot of checking generic vintage Kenmore accessories/parts to find items that fit your machine as many sellers will not show the numbers their items fit.

• You do not have a complete number for your model so I would recommend that you contact Sears Parts and find out more about this machine before looking for accessories as the more information you have the easier it will be to locate items for this particular machine.
  • I believe that model is a White machine but Sears can tell you for sure and what White models will also fit your machine. They can tell you the full model number and year it was made (some parts can be found with just the 117-959) and may also have some items for you to purchase.
  • Here is a link that has their contact information.
  • www.searspartsdirect.com/.../contactUs.pd
  • Here is a machine that has been listed for a while that is maybe the same model (but may not be the same year) and has a lot of accessories listed. The cabinet seems to be a little more elaborate than yours (larger cabinet with larger drawers and a double open top) but the overall machine looks to be in good condition.
  • Advertisement

• They are asking $100 with "pick up only" and it has not sold. It is possible the location is the reason it has not sold and if listed in a different location the value may be higher.
  • www.ebay.com/.../302694836131?hash=item467a04a7a3...
  • Usually the same accessories/parts will fit several different models and sometime the seller has no idea as to what machine their items will fit but if they have correct information, they will list the model numbers in their description.
  • Here is a link that will explain what I mean. There are several listings for Kenmore accessories/parts but not many have a model number showing. You will have to check each link to see if it matches yours or if it is even still available. This is how some people do "research" and can be very time consuming but may also be very productive.
  • Advertisement

• www.google.com/search?q=Attachments+for+a+Vintage...
  • If you wish to sell your machine, I would suggest listing it on your local Craigslist, USA4Sale, Nextdoor or any site that has pick up only as these machine are very costly to ship.
  • You could start your price high ($300 even) and just lower it if no one shows an interest.
  • nextdoor.com/
Answer this Question

What is the value of a White sewing machine Serial # 1718081. Patent # 799331 -- 9/12/1905 2nd patent# -- 1036569 8/27/1912?

Note: no photo provided by member.

Answers

Best Answer

I have seen a large variety of white sewing machines listed on eBay for sale. Some start as low as $65 and go all the way up to $345.

The exact machine that you have would determine the value of the machine. It is a bit hard to find a machine by just the numbers. If you post an image that sure would help.

Answer this Question

I have a New Home Light Running electric sewing machine with a knee pedal. Under the slide cover by the needle was # 3561827, though the 8 looked as it could be # 2. The motor label has 8F & 115v-60w, AC or DC. The top of the wooden cabinet folds open and then the front cover opens to lift the machine out. Then you close the front cover so machine rests on it. Greist Tucker is engraved on the machine with a box of attachments which read Greist Tucker-New Haven USA. I am interested in the manufacture date and its value.

Would you happen to know where I can get a new electrical plug which goes between the sewing machine and the knee pedal. It has a unique male plug coming out of the knee pedal that has round prongs and plugs into the female end of cord with round inserts that are coming from the sewing machine.

Answers

Best Answer

The machine was made in 1914. The number you are referring to is the serial number on the machne. You can also look these numbers up on the website to find out the age of the machine. Here is the link - ismacs.net/.../manufacture_dates.html. The value of the machine is right around $200. If you want to sell the machine, it is best you sell it locally because it is way to heavy to ship to anyone.

Answer this Question

Is this machine worth $100 or more? It was made in Japan.

I'd like to sell my White model A (VS I) sewing machine to a collector. Where do I start? How do I determine its value?
Thanks!

Answers

Hello
I have found a website for you that I feel might help. You would have the option to chat with someone that is an appraiser on the value of your sewing machine. Here is the web link.antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Online_Antique_Price_Guide Hope it helps.

I have a 1967 White sewing machine, what is it worth? It is in good condition, works well.

By James

Answers

My daughter bought a '78 Kenmore in the cabinet for $30 and it needed a $30 part and she is sewing up a storm for $60. She loves it. Older machines do not bring much. Hope this helps.

Rasta is right. Older machines are just not worth much money wise. In my area you would be lucky to sell it for $25.00. I have found them at garage sales for as little as $5.00.

The older machines often don't cost much money, but most work better than newer machines because they were made to higher standards. Some people think that White sewing machines are some of the best made sewing machines in the world. The White company made cars, bicycles, sewing machines and quite a few other highly engineered products. So remember that the worth of a machine is not always measured by its price. Eventually, quality does win out...but it might take another 50 years before most people recognize it. BTW, I have a White machine too, it is beautiful and I paid $50 for it in someone's front yard even though I really didn't have room for another sewing machine (I am such a sucker for a pretty face!).

I have a 1930s White rotary sewing machine in cabinet with knee peddle and electric . Worked up until a few years ago when the cord sparked and I stopped using it. Has 2 drawers on inside of cabinet door and included the the original metal Rotary box with all attachments and replacement parts. I paid 10$ for it 25 years ago.

I would like to know the value of a 1966 knee controlled Singer sewing machine. It is still in the sewing cabinet.

I found an old sewing machine in a storage unit. It says "Square Deal" on it. It has a cast iron base that goes with it. Has anyone heard of this kind of sewing machine, how much they might be worth or anything?

Answers

There is a sewing machine company in South Africa by that name. They have their own Facebook page and respond quickly

What a cool find! That is a new one to me and I have been sewing for mumble mumble number of years :)

I hope the Facebook site Judy gave you can give you more info.

There is also an international sewing machine collectors society that may be able to give you some info on value. Their link is:

ismacs.net/

That I don't see any active or completed auctions on eBay for these at the moment seems odd...so either they are very rare and valuable or it just isn't season for them and they come up in waves. You may want to keep an eye out there and use SOLD auctions only to help you develop a value.

I do know people love the metal bases to redo into flea market flip items (love that show). A Singer base just sold recently for $49.99 plus shipping.

www.ebay.com/.../142860959068?hash=item21432d3d5c...

Let us know what you learn!

How would I find the Value for a 1969 vintage Kenmore Jaguar Sewing Machine 158.1070180?

The case and machine are in excellent condition except for the plastic clasp, that is broken on side.

I have an old Hamilton Beach Ideal sewing machine model #3B299462.

This was made by the National Sewing Machine Company Belvidere Illinois. The badge says B.Eldredge automatic. It is in the original box with electrical codes and original pedal and appliances. What year? What's it worth? Where is model number?
Help!

I received a Coronado treadle sewing machine for a Christmas present and I can't find a model number on it. I have been looking on the internet to find out information on it, but can not seem to find any. I am looking for any information possible.

By Vickie G

Answers

Your machine is a vibrating shuttle bobbin type - and you're in luck because these bobbins (look like a bullet) are being made again! Plus nothing but the belt on any treadle (also being new-milled today) is made of rubber or plastic and so can be restored to working order if so desired.

Your machine was made by the National Sewing Machine Company and 'badged' for the Gambles Department Store chain (found in Canada, so your machine must have travelled down to the US from there after purchase). The following link gives some fantastic info on treadle machines and cabinets including Singers but also machines made by National (scroll down for the National info):

www.treadleon.net/.../selectingtreadle.html

Another good source of information is the following:

ismacs.net/

Be warned - these lovely elder ladies are addictive!

Whoops! Hit 'post' too soon!

Your machine looks to be a late 1920s through very early 1940s model based on the style of controls and the cabinet. Also, the Coronado badging is exclusive to Gambles and all their machines were sold as Coronado machines.

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousAugust 22, 2014
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Determining-the-Value-of-an-Older-Sewing-Machine.html