Determining the Value of an Older Sewing Machine

Category Miscellaneous
Some vintage and antique sewing machines have value to collectors. This is a guide about determining the value of an older sewing machine.

Sewing machines have been around for over 100 years and there are many old-fashioned ones that can be still found for sale. This is a guide about the value of an antique Singer sewing machine.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about information about Winselmann antique sewing machines. Antique sewing machines are a popular collectible. Collected for their beauty and workmanship, they are also refurbished and used by crafters who enjoy sewing on these antique machines.

I have a 1967 White sewing machine, what is it worth? It is in good condition, works well.

By James

Answers

My daughter bought a '78 Kenmore in the cabinet for $30 and it needed a $30 part and she is sewing up a storm for $60. She loves it. Older machines do not bring much. Hope this helps.

Rasta is right. Older machines are just not worth much money wise.

In my area you would be lucky to sell it for $25.00. I have found them at garage sales for as little as $5.00.

The older machines often don't cost much money, but most work better than newer machines because they were made to higher standards. Some people think that White sewing machines are some of the best made sewing machines in the world. The White company made cars, bicycles, sewing machines and quite a few other highly engineered products. So remember that the worth of a machine is not always measured by its price. Eventually, quality does win out...but it might take another 50 years before most people recognize it. BTW, I have a White machine too, it is beautiful and I paid $50 for it in someone's front yard even though I really didn't have room for another sewing machine (I am such a sucker for a pretty face!).

I have a 1930s White rotary sewing machine in cabinet with knee peddle and electric . Worked up until a few years ago when the cord sparked and I stopped using it.

Has 2 drawers on inside of cabinet door and included the the original metal Rotary box with all attachments and replacement parts. I paid 10$ for it 25 years ago.

I received a Coronado treadle sewing machine for a Christmas present and I can't find a model number on it. I have been looking on the internet to find out information on it, but can not seem to find any. I am looking for any information possible.

By Vickie G

Answers

Your machine is a vibrating shuttle bobbin type - and you're in luck because these bobbins (look like a bullet) are being made again! Plus nothing but the belt on any treadle (also being new-milled today) is made of rubber or plastic and so can be restored to working order if so desired.

Your machine was made by the National Sewing Machine Company and 'badged' for the Gambles Department Store chain (found in Canada, so your machine must have travelled down to the US from there after purchase). The following link gives some fantastic info on treadle machines and cabinets including Singers but also machines made by National (scroll down for the National info):

http://www.trea  tingtreadle.html

Another good source of information is the following:

http://ismacs.net/

Be warned - these lovely elder ladies are addictive!

Whoops! Hit 'post' too soon!

Your machine looks to be a late 1920s through very early 1940s model based on the style of controls and the cabinet.

Also, the Coronado badging is exclusive to Gambles and all their machines were sold as Coronado machines.

I found some info. on this website. Scroll down under the pictures of the sewing machines for the info. Hope this helps. Happy New Year Everybody!

http://ths.gard  14134120239.html

What would be the value of my Featherweight model AH664777?

By Kathy H.

Answers

There is one on eBay that is selling for $379. This one looks like it is in excellent condition. The price of yours will be determined by the condition of this machine. If your machine is working and in excellent condition you can sell it for a higher value.

Here is one for $599. https://www.eba  Machine/72117080

My boyfriend's mom has an antique black Coronado sewing machine. He was just wondering what the machine may be worth? Any other information about it would be greatly appreciated.

By Cindy from Jim Thorpe