Value of a New Home Sewing Machine?

I have a New Home Light Running electric sewing machine with a knee pedal. Under the slide cover by the needle was # 3561827, though the 8 looked as it could be # 2. The motor label has 8F & 115v-60w, AC or DC. The top of the wooden cabinet folds open and then the front cover opens to lift the machine out. Then you close the front cover so machine rests on it. Greist Tucker is engraved on the machine with a box of attachments which read Greist Tucker-New Haven USA. I am interested in the manufacture date and its value.

Would you happen to know where I can get a new electrical plug which goes between the sewing machine and the knee pedal. It has a unique male plug coming out of the knee pedal that has round prongs and plugs into the female end of cord with round inserts that are coming from the sewing machine.

Best Answer

The machine was made in 1914. The number you are referring to is the serial number on the machne. You can also look these numbers up on the website to find out the age of the machine. Here is the link - ismacs.net/.../manufacture_dates.html. The value of the machine is right around $200. If you want to sell the machine, it is best you sell it locally because it is way to heavy to ship to anyone.

New Home was taken over my Janome. I would contact customer service at Janome.com

Anonymous

I did. They offered no help.

The last one like this one sold on Ebay for $200!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Sewing Machines Vintage Sewing MachinesNovember 5, 2019
👒
🌻
🐰
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-New-Home-Sewing-Machine.html