Singer Makes Noise When Winding Bobbin?

I got this machine, a Singer 7444, brand new. The problem happened very soon after I got it. When I go to wind a bobbin, my machine makes a terrible grinding noise and the sewing needle will continue to rise and fall, though slowly. It seems like something isn't disengaging. One of my neighbors suggested oiling it, but I don't know where or even how to access the parts to oil. Could I have done damage by not looking into the problem sooner? If I go to get it repaired, will it likely be inexpensive?

Thanks for your feedback!

Best Answer

You should return the machine to the store of purchase. Either they fix the problem or replace the machine. If too much time has passed (yes-you should have checked the problem immediately), I suggest a repair shop-you can get an estimate of cost before repair.

I agree with DCA, if the device is still under warranty , return it and you do not have to say that the noise started soon after the purchase. I would not put liquid oil in a modern sewing machine which is nearly entirely made of plastic and needs special solid grease if any.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesNovember 22, 2015
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Singer-Makes-Noise-When-Winding-Bobbin.html