Healthy Eating For Overall Health

Even with being frugal, you need to look at the big picture. For overall health and weight loss, you have to look at long term eating and not just immediate gratification. I shop at Aldi's every other week and our Aldi's has a produce section where the healthy treats would be as inexpensive as chips. There are also healthier chips and such at our Aldi's. I have been finding healthy recipes online and buying the ingredients at Aldi's. I too used to think that it was cheaper to eat unhealthy, but I am finding this is not true and am feeling so much better about myself.

By Kelly

I shop at Aldi's too...and what you say is true. Plus there are ways to eat healthy even if you don't have an Aldi's or a Save-A-Lot store. One of the items is Quaker old fashioned oats. I cook individual servings in the microwave. And the serving size on the box is much more satisfying than you get in one of the envelopes of instant oatmeal, not to mention healther. Old fashioned oats still have their natural fiber. Instant oatmeal has been stripped of its fiber. My doctor told me to try Citracel. That kind of fiber does not agree with me. I do better eating natural fiber like old fashioned oats or Raisin Bran.

I've recently started a new job working in a deli at a local grocery store, and I'm finding it hard not to eat some of the overprossed unhealthy things that are so easy to get for dinner...ect. It's TOO EASY to just get potato salad or other stuff. EVERYONE seems to be to busy to cook these days...I feel sad for when we all made dinner for our families... Sorry,call me old! aeromama

I am trying very hard to avoid the fast food but it's so easy to just stop when you're out and about and hungry. In the past 6 yrs my triglycerides have gone up so I really need to avoid the fatty deep fried foods. I really do love fruits and veggies too and gosh, I love a salad. I cook dinner most days for my family and don't find it hard at all. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. It's really like a hobby. I don't work outside the home tho so have plenty of time to plan my menus and be sure I have the ingredients on hand. I agree that Aldi's is a great place to shop and you really save a lot of money!

If you eat out, pick Subway or Wendys. I think for their menu selection and price they are the best in terms of "healthier" eating out. And they do taste better!

Quick tip on oatmeal: I compared the nutritional data (including dietary fiber) for "Baby" oatmeal (at 3-4 dollars a 12 oz box) to 12 packets of store brand instant oatmeal (1.50) and there wasn't much of a difference, except that store brand I.O. can be halved to 24 servings equivalant to the 12-15 of expensive baby cereal, and prep is the same except you have to give time for it to cool. Plus it is great for emergency kits and everyone else can eat it (plus texture is better for older babies.)

eating healthy on a budget
Eating Healthy on a Budget
Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingJanuary 28, 2005
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
A happy woman eating a salad.
Healthy Eating Advice
Simple Ab Workouts
Simple Ab Workouts
🎉
🎄