Parsley is Flowering

My parsley has started to flower. Can I cut them off to prolong the plant, or is this the end of it? Thanks. Mary

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By mvine23 from Hat Island, WA

I think that you should just let it flower, because then it will germinate, and produce seeds and you wont have to buy a new plant as the cycle of life starts all over again. On the point of the original plant. I don't think it will die if you let it flower. So it really doesn't matter what you do. That is, unless you want more baby plants.

Parsley is a biannual, when it blooms it's done with its life cycle, let it grow and let the swallow tell caterpillars enjoy it, after the seeds have dried on the plant save them and just sow them next spring free parsley plants.

I've grown parsley many times. I'm in Calif, if that makes any difference. I always cut the plants really low & kept them alive as long as possible. If it insists on blooming again & again, it may be done. If it does go to seed, I would just let it do it & let the seeds fall. Next season, you will have many plants & then just move them to where you want. I harvest the parsley I don't use right then & dry & freeze. It gives you some spice that you grew your self.