Use Clear Drinking Straws in Your African Violet's Pot

I repotted my African Violets. Those furry leaves are prone to damage if they rest on the pot rim. I noticed my mom runs tin foil around the rim, but it is unsightly. What I came up with was to use clear drinking straws! You can cut to size, lay it across the pot, and it holds the leaves up and off the rim of the pot.

By Linda from Bellevue, N.E

Great idea. I'll try it. Do you know how to enable your plant to grow back the flowers. I received on from a friend 3 years ago. The second you was nothing. But this year is was magnificent. Don't know what happened because nothing changed.

Thanks.

African Violets like things a certain way, such as where they are placed and the nourishment provided. If you Google African Viloet care you will get great tips. One I heard is insert a rusty nail in the soil. Mine are blooming and reblooming quite often. Linda Jonson

In These Guides
African Violets
Growing African Violets
Colorful Drinking Straws
Uses for Drinking Straws
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersAugust 14, 2008
An insulated cup with a reusable plastic drinking straw.
Cleaning Plastic Drinking Straws
African Daisy Photo
Growing African Daisies
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
Insulated Drinking Glass
Using Insulated Drinking Glasses
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:07:39 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.