Cleaning Plastic Drinking Straws

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 418 Posts

I love my insulated drinking glass and came up with this method for cleaning the straw. I take a small piece of cotton, wet it with hot soapy water and push it through with a kabob skewer.

It keeps the tea stains out and I feel satisfied that the straw is clean.Small cotton ball at the end of straw with tip of skewer in photo.

View of cotton ball after being pushed through the straw by the skewer.

By Betty from NC

More Solutions

"Disposable" straws need not be! To clean, simply use a chenille stem (these were called "pipe cleaners" when I was a kid). I've seen the stems in the craft section of many stores. I bought a package of 50 at the dollar store. By Leann D

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJune 18, 2013
😎
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Plastic-Drinking-Straws.html