Uses for Drinking Straws

I know yogurt can be really messy. Just give kids a straw to drink the yogurt out of their container, no mess. So much easier.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

12 More Solutions

Cut drinking straws into short lengths and insert through slits in pie crust to prevent juice from running over in the oven and permit steam to escape.

When you go to use a straw for your drink, just run it under the tap to clean any dust that maybe inside. I use straws to drink my green tea as I use honey and cinnamon and the cinnamon sinks to the bottom.

To try to save yourself from getting cold sores, when eating in a restaurant with reusable glasses, always ask for a straw for each of your drinking glasses.

I buy unopened bags of straws to use as coffee and hot cocoa stir sticks. I pick them up at yard sales, party outlet stores or thrift stores cheap! I cut them in half, or thirds, if I get the extra long ones.

To make the drinkable yogurts easier for my young children to drink, I poke a stir straw in through the removable top to prevent spilling! I also keep these stirring straws on hand in case we lose one of the straws from our juice boxes! By Kristin

One creative use for a drinking straw is for help in organizing necklaces. Keep the chains on your pendant necklaces from getting tangled by storing them inside a drinking straw.

Straw Pendant Necklace Holder

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Repurpose a fat straw as containers for shampoo, lotions, etc. so you can travel with small amounts of your favorites. This is a page about using drinking straw as small travel containers.

Drinking Straw as Small Travel Containers - straws containing toothpaste, conditioner, and shampoo

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A while ago, I saw a product on "Shark Tank" that was a tiny spatula tip on a long stick. It was used to clean out the last of the lotion in tall bottles. I was doing the dishes this morning and came across some Slurpee spoon-tip straws and realized they could be used for the same thing.

A Slurpee straw being used to remove lotion from a bottle.

If you prefer to drink your soda out of the can through a straw, check out these two methods for keeping the straw from moving around in the opening. Try both and see which way you prefer.

Using a Straw in a Soda Can - insert straw

To rethread a draw cord for your sweats or shorts, insert the cord into a drinking straw and staple it so that it won't slip away when you pull it. This is a page about use a drinking straw for threading draw cords.

Placing a drinking straw as a channel for draw cords in clothing.

Rather than using a small knife to remove the hulls from strawberries, try this tip using a plastic straw. This is a page about using a straw to hull strawberries.

A strawberry with a straw used for removing the tops.

This is a page about sealing food packaging with a drinking straw. Use plastic drinking straws to help seal plastic food storage bags.

Drinking Straw

Consumer Advice General AdviceJuly 1, 2013
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Drinking-Straws.html