Fax Number for an All-in-One Printer

How do I get a fax number to go with an all-in-one printer that I just added to my computer?

Tracy from Slaughter, LA

I have an Epson combo scanner/printer/copier/fax machine. You don't need an assigned fax number. My phone line is tied into the back of my printer. When I need to send a fax it's faxed through my landline telephone number.

Make sure that you carefully read the printer/fax owner's manual to be sure that everything is connected.

If you do want another number for it, you will need to call the phone company.

Don't forget to get a special adapter for your landline that let's it connect to your phone and to your fax--it has a place for 2 lines to connect into the 1 phone outlet. These are inexpensive. Most all-in-ones let you set the number of rings it takes to get a fax (especially if you have an answering machine). Like the 1st poster said, make sure to read the handbook!

I just use my home phone number. Just have the person let you know when they are sending the fax, and don't answer the phone. It will go to the fax.

I have an all-in-one printer. Yes your home phone is your fax number. The problem I encountered was that my answering machine has to be hooked up to it as well to properly receive faxes or the answering machine will pick up the call.

I have gone from two phone numbers to one. When I send a fax the old number shows up on the report form. How do I get rid of that number and plug in my current number?

All-In-One Printer
Setting Up an All-In-One Printer to Send Faxes
Computers PrintersJanuary 20, 2009
computer printer
Printer Not Working After Paper Jam
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
Fax by Email
Receiving Faxes by Email
Woman Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 9:20:27 PM on 10.0.1.194 in 996 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.