Storing Printer Ink

I don't print from my printer everyday therefore my ink seems to be drying up before I even have a chance to use it. Is there a way that I can preserve it or can I wrap it?

I don't know I'm at a loss. I even had a printer and computer at home for a very long time and I'm feel like I'm new at this again. Thank you for any answer

Answers

Best Answer

If you don't print very often, you can keep your open ink tanks in a jar or plastic tub with a lid. Take the ink tank out of your printer and place it print head (that copper-looking strip) UP in the jar or plastic tub. You should also keep a slightly damp paper towel OR a cap from a water or soda bottle with some water in it, in the jar or plastic tub with the ink tank. Just make sure the jar or plastic tub lid fit tight. Then when you need to print something, take out your ink tank, give the print head a careful wipe with a soft cloth or paper towel to make sure there is fresh ink at the print head, and re-install into the printer. If it has been a while, you may need to do a test print just to make sure that it will print correctly for you. Good luck.

Answer this Question

2 Solutions

If you are using a black cartridge and trying to save the color cartridge, it can dry out... store it in a ziplock bag with a moist paper towel.

Computers Printers InkOctober 14, 2020
🐛
🌻
👒
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Printer-Ink-2.html