Storing Printer Ink?

I don't print from my printer everyday therefore my ink seems to be drying up before I even have a chance to use it. Is there a way that I can preserve it or can I wrap it? I don't know I'm at a loss. I even had a printer and computer at home for a very long time and I'm feel like I'm new at this again. Thank you for any answer

You could look up the ink manufacture you have. Example HP recommends this method here: support.hp.com/.../c03007680

Here are a few good tips for preserving your ink - www.bing.com/search?q=how+do+store+printer+ink...

If you don't print very often, you can keep your open ink tanks in a jar or plastic tub with a lid. Take the ink tank out of your printer and place it print head (that copper-looking strip) UP in the jar or plastic tub. You should also keep a slightly damp paper towel OR a cap from a water or soda bottle with some water in it, in the jar or plastic tub with the ink tank.

Just make sure the jar or plastic tub lid fit tight. Then when you need to print something, take out your ink tank, give the print head a careful wipe with a soft cloth or paper towel to make sure there is fresh ink at the print head, and re-install into the printer. If it has been a while, you may need to do a test print just to make sure that it will print correctly for you. Good luck.

Unfortunately, I have tried everything and I found nothing works. I think the companies do this to make money. The true brand names stay "fresh" slightly longer than if you buy cheap ink or refilled cartridges.

Before COVID (years before) I gave up having a printer and found if I really needed something I could go to the library and print a page her and there for next to no money.

I felt like I saved a fortune and did a lot of saving things to my ciomputer as a PDF so I could read them when I needed them--vs. printing.

With COVID and now that I have a home based business, I had to buy a printer, which is annoying. I do shake the cartridges every few weeks if I don't print. Just a gentle shake a few times...and that seems to help preserve them also.

I feel bad if this is not helpful., but both have worked for me.

Thank you yes that is what my supervisor used to do. I forget things like that I'm on disability and it just feels like I've aged 30 years sometimes and I'm not I'm 57. Thank you very

Hope shaking helps! Prayers for your health and comfort!

Computers Printers InkJuly 23, 2020
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Printer-Ink.html

InkPrinters