Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Use Microwave To Refresh Masking Tape

16EmailPrintFollowSave

If your masking tape comes off in little pieces, zap the roll of tape in the microwave 10-20 seconds and it will work as it should.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

By MB Norton 6 180 11/29/2010 Flag

I will be giving this a try soon. I have thrown away so many rolls of tape thinking they were too old. Thanks for the tip.:)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Paula Jo C. 24 258 11/29/2010 Flag

What a great idea thanks, for sharing it with us - I will be doing this from now on instead of throwing it away which I do hate to do.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By tgg 12 12/01/2010 Flag

Great tip! I have a lot of that. Usually just toss it out. :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pixiedust7 7 888 12/07/2010 Flag

What a great tip! I have been so frustrated with masking tape, that I turned instead to freezer tape, which is very similar but seems to be problem free. I suspect I might have a hard time finding freezer tape the next time I need a new roll, but I have an old roll of masking tape I found in a closet. I was dreading using it, but maybe it won't be so bad if I try this tip. Thanks, fossil1955!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Hilda Cooper 4 26 01/10/2011 Flag

I was putting away my Christmas decorations & needed to seal a box. Got my masking tape & sure enough it pulled off in pieces. Then I remembered your "microwave" tip. I thought what have I got to lose? If it works I am saved, if it doesn't I would be tossing the roll anyway. Well, thank you, thank you for a wonderful tip that worked. My husband thought I was nuts, but I showed him.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Donald 2 4 12/30/2012 Flag

Greetings:
Does this work well with packing tape? We always get the rolls that start good then start lifting off in sections.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda 3 57 12/30/2012 Flag

Thanks. Good tip.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joyce Lambert 31 146 12/31/2012 Flag

Thanks for a great tip.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jane M. 1 01/18/2013 Flag

Um, I don't have a microwave (by choice). Do you think warming it in my steamer might do the same trick?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment