Replacing Paper Filters with Reusable Filter

For coffee drinkers, you should consider replacing your paper filters with a reusable basket. You never have to buy the disposable stuff again!

By Robin from Washington, IA

where do you get them?? i have a 4 cup maker and am ready to run out of filters.

Do they make them for a bunn maker. I would love too have 1. Please e-mail me were you can get them at na - na @ charter . net just put them all together. Thank You

I agree! I bought a Mr. Coffee several years ago that had one and when I had to replace that pot - the new Mr. Coffee I bought didn't have one - so I just use it from the old one and even though the fit isn't quite perfect it works great. I would think you could contact the maker of your coffee pot and ask if they make one whatever the make may be.

i believe you can reuse your paper filter many times. once i ran out while i was camping i used the paper filter for one week did not do any harm. the filter are very strong. i use my paper filter also for the seeds that i have collected during the summer and fall and leave them in the paper filter they make the seeds very dry. i do not put them in the freezer. i keep them in the dark place and in the spring i plant the seed and they all have come up with flowers.

I tried 2 different ones and find they leave a fine residue of coffee grounds in the coffee. You find it when you get to the bottom of your cup. Not noticeable if you drink coffee black but very unappealing if you put milk or cream in your coffee.

When we ran out of coffee filters at work, we used paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Amazing what you can make do when you have to.

This brings back memories of my more "conscious" (better habits) times before I don't remember why one day I decided to buy the paper ones instead. I always had (back in the day, I think I got lazy and forgot all about it until now) made coffee filters from scraps of muslin. The cone-shaped ones work in most all coffee makers if you make them tall enough. Tea filters too for bulk teas. By the cup or by the pot for coffee and tea! They all worked very well, and I made "single cup" versions (with a wire support in the rim) and auto coffeemaker size too.

All it took was a good rinse of the filter while the coffee was cooling enough to drink! Important to hang out on a hook or cup rack or something after a good rinse to allow to dry thoroughly to keep the flavor fresh. Hmm. I think I'll put together a few again this weekend! Now that I think about it, those single cup soakings tasted a whole lot like the coffee I had in a recent trip to France that I've been trying to copy. I'm totally going to try it! I have been thinking I needed to dust off my French Press (as cheap as a coffee maker to buy, buy the way) to replicate that great coffee. And no filters needed on those at all!

Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Washable Wiping Squares
Reusable Toilet Paper (Cloth Wiping Squares)
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters