Be Prepared for Emergencies

If you live where there are earthquakes or severe storms, it pays to keep a pair of shoes sitting right next to your bed. Most of emergency room visits right after an earthquake are because people stepped on glass from broken windows and mirrors.

By CDR

Excellent idea! Had to jump out my upstairs window due to a fire, cut my feet on the broken glass window. Thank you!

May 11, 2009 Flag

Last week we had a number of earthquakes here in CA. Just in case, I placed my tennis shoes (closed shoes) and a flashlight with new batteries by the foot of my bed. I made sure my purse, car keys, cell phone and some cash was all together. I also made sure the dog's leashes were with my things.

By Linda

Answers:

Be Prepared For Earthquakes

Hi, It never hurts to have a comfortable pair of walking shoes in your car! You never know when you will have to walk! (06/28/2005)

By Tedebear

Be Prepared For Earthquakes

Our home was hit by lightening two years ago and this is such great advice in any emergency. I keep a canvas bag by my back door where I hang my dogs leashes. I had 6 dogs when the fire took our home and I had a terrible time trying to get them to a boarding kennel because their leashes were in the house. They also wouldn't let us in with them without their health records so having an extra copy of them easily accessible is a good idea. Be prepared. I know I learned my lesson that afternoon. (06/29/2005)

By Roberta

Be Prepared For Earthquakes

Some non-perishable foods kept in your car, along with water might be helpful, also. After a disaster hits, some of the time, price gouging starts. Prices for repairs, etc. will be high enough, without drink and food costs skyrocketing, too. (06/29/2005)

By badwater

Home and Garden Emergency PreparationMay 11, 2009
Stockpiling Food in Cellar
Stockpiling Food for Emergencies
Houses Wrecked by Tornado
Preparing for a Tornado
Make an Emergency Kit for a Bride
Making a Bride's Emergency Kit
wasabi horseradish and paste
Recipes Using Wasabi
🎄