BusinessBusiness and Legal

Letting Someone Else Use Your Repair License

I rented out a commercial garage and I am letting them use my auto repair permit. Only the garage rental is in our contract. Can I just tell him he cannot use my permit any more, with a couple of days notice? I understand that for the rental garage I need to go through the tenant process in the courts since I need to evict him for not paying rent.

By Reina from Los Angeles, CA

I would suggest seeing a lawyer ASAP and be prepared that you might lose your auto repair permit/license for having loaned it out! That's a no no with any type of state licensing! Even for a hairstyling salon it is required for new tenants taking over a salon (tenant and/or new owner) to be approved for their own permit/license!

Get a lawyer asap and deny any knowledge that you allowed this (friend) to use your license in his shop. If it is not on paper anywhere then you might be able to save your license but you will need a lawyer before you evict him.