Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Removing Nail Polish from Hardwood Floor

0EmailPrintFollowSave

How can I remove red nail polish (almost a full bottle) from a wooden floor?

Debbie from Princeton, NJ

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

11/06/2008 Flag

If you use nail polish remover just make sure it's non-acetone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nonja K. (Guest Post) 01/17/2009 Flag

Here are a few ideas that may do the trick. The first is to try a product called "goof off". It comes in aerosol and liquid formula. I have found the liquid to work better and be easier to control. I would suggest trying in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it won't discolor the floor.

Another idea is to perhaps use a hairdryer to heat up the polish and then an old credit card to scrape the polish up as it softens.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Removing Nail Polish From Hardwood Floor

How can I remove dried pink nail polish from a hard wood floor? I don't want to damage my floor, but need to remove a dried fingernail polish patch about the size of an adult hand.

Ruth from Salt Lake City, Utah

Answers:

RE: Removing Nail Polish From Hardwood Floor

The quality of the nail polish can determine how easy it will come off. For example, if it chips off your nails quickly try using an old credit card to gently pick it up. If you need to use nail polish remover, try in a hidden area to see how it react/how long until it reacts, etc. If you use a nail polish remover pen or a cotton swab you will have more control. One more thing I am not sure if it works...does WD-40 remove it? I heard it cleans all kinds of stuff. Best wishes! (08/27/2008)

By Starchild in VT

The only thing I know removes nail polish from finished wood is Sol U Mel. (09/23/2008)

By Ladybugv2