Unexpected Gift Items

Keep an eye out for inexpensive sale items, when doing your shopping. Maybe you can't use the item, but you never can tell when you might need an unexpected gift (example: birthday of a co-worker, a gift for a Sunday School teacher, school bus driver or mailman at Christmas time). It's better to have these types of items on hand, than to have to run out to the store for last minute items or to wish you'd gotten them already.

By Terri

As long as you have room to store all those items and an organized way of keepng track of what you have so when you need an item, you know what you have already and do not go out and purchase another one.

I purchase a LOT of items this way. This is great for Sunday School treat boxes , party favors, college student inspirtation or Operation Christmas child boxes, etc. I purchase afterr the holiday and store for the next season. I even store Easter candy for stuffing eggs!

The biggest problem is that I tend to over purchase. SO how thrifty is that? But, I never have to run out at the last minute however to purchase for a gift, etc.

I store them in the clear under the bed boxes or drawers. And I keep a list of the items I've purchased in an EXCEL spreadsheet so I know what I have. If I carry the list with me, I never run the risk of buying too much of the same type of item

Another good idea is to stock up on inexpensive greeting cards so you'll always have a card on hand for the 'oops, I forgot' occasions. I found some nice ones at the Dollar Store for 2 for 88cents. Much better than the $4-$5 that cards seem to be running these days. It's just a piece of paper, after all. Why should it be so expensive?

I'm a bus driver and I think it's so nice to get $20.00 at Christmas if I've done a good job all year. I know it sounds like a lot but I drive your kids all year safely and on time all year around and this is the only time that we get anything...I appreciate the gifts but most drivers don't get there whole pay before Christmas hit's because we stop working just before so our pay check is very little so if you think your driver has done a good job...Give him/her money...it will help them a lot during the Holidays when they are off.

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceSeptember 2, 2005
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber