HealthDogs

Treating a Dog's Skin Allergy

I am looking for a good remedy for my female Shih tzu's skin allergy.

By Donna from Toledo, WA

Likely a food allergy. Never feed any corn, wheat or soy. Raw diet is best or part cooked veggies and meat. Yogurt is good. Check internet about the crap that goes into grocery store pet foods and you will never feed that again. You need to build immune system up. Likely destroyed by vaccine which is another internet search for you. Treat for fungus is another. Homeopath can help with antidote for vaccine poisoning (thuja) . It works. I have helped many with thuja. Oatmeal bath would help. Orally, colloidal silver would help(another internet search) with fungus and building immune system. No stress for the little girl. She will heal best if there is calm, loving and comfort. Hugs to her. Keep me posted please?

Do you know what is causing it? It could be a food allergy, mange, flea allergy. Obviously the treatment for each of those is very different. If it is a food allergy try home made foods and keep trying until you find one that works. My allergic Cairn terrier lived on brown rice, canned salmon (bones and all) and olive oil until he died at age 17. I went through a lot of recipes before we hit the one that worked. The thing he was most allergic to was broccoli. Good luck.

Donna, I agree with muttmom about it probably being food allergies. My sweetie dog was having skin issues for a long time when I decided to feed him a good dog food and stick with it. It took a few months but I have been happy with the results. No more heat spots and constant licking. Yeah!

Hope you can find what works for your Shih tzu, those skin issues can make them and us feel so bad.

Are you sure it is an alergy and not Sebhoria? I have 2 Springers and thought they had allergys to. Took them to my vet and discovered they had sebhoria. some dogs have hypothyroidism which causes it and others catch it from other animals. Humans can also get it. Take the dog to your vet and have it checked.

Gary