Emergency Wrap for Small Gifts

I recently had to wrap a DVD for a kid's birthday party, and had no wrapping paper, ribbon, or a bow; so I used a piece of colorful printer paper and some scrap hemp string. It worked out beautifully!

By AlaskanAurora from Dutch Harbor, AK

Use the color comics from the Sunday paper to wrap gifts. It helps recycle the newspaper, is very colorful, and helps save on wrapping paper that will just be tossed away anyway.

October 13, 2010 Flag

Here's a frugal idea for wrapping small gifts; print your own wrapping paper from your computer. Simply type the recipient's name, or what ever message you would like, in different fonts and colors over the entire page. Then wrap it up!

By Marnita from Cumming, GA

Answers:

Emergency Wrap for Small Gifts

I'm somewhat obsessive when it comes to wrapping presents. I complain to my family for using cheap wrapping paper and wrap their presents under protest. The paper cops all responded. They jokingly told me I was a wrapping paper snob. I am because the wrapping of the gift is PART OF the gift. It's just like the chef presenting fine cuisine before his patron. What you suggested about printing out your own wrapping paper, brilliant. I never thought of that. Excellent idea! (12/25/2006)

By ElvisCat

Emergency Wrap for Small Gifts

I think it might just be cheaper to buy a cheap roll of wrapping paper and gussy it up with some curling ribbon. I don't know about you, but my the ink for my printer is expensive! (12/26/2006)

By Jess

Emergency Wrap for Small Gifts

I find wrapping present (not X-mas presents) but like birthday gifts. I use the Sunday funnies. They actually get a great kick out of this, and it's free. (10/31/2008)

By LuLu

Emergency Wrap for Small Gifts

Well here what some ways you can do

• Sunday funnies
  • brown bag, painted
  • magazines
  • envelopes, painted
  • scarf
  • a shoe box filled with shredded newspaper.
  • a painted cereal box , cut and painted like a tote.

There are a lot of options! (12/18/2008)

By frenny

Holidays and Parties Gifts Wrapping PaperOctober 12, 2010
Emergency Reflector
Make Your Own Emergency Reflectors
Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Prepare your home for an emergency.
Preparing For Emergency Situations
Roll of Plastic Wrap
Use Winterizing Plastic As Shrink Wrap
🎉
🎄