Use Pipe to Raise Couch Height - Categories:

FurnitureHome Improvement

Use Pipe to Raise Couch Height

The older I get, the further down I have to sit, it seems. Being on a disability pension, I was looking for a way to make my couch higher. I have seen blocks made to increase height, but they are very costly. Instead, I unscrewed a leg and took it with me to a hardware store. I purchased a piece of plumbing pipe (black) that just fitted over the wooden foot, increasing the height by 5 inches. For a couple of dollars, I purchased enough pipe (4 x 10 inches) and was able to alter my sofa, a change people notice but can't quite put their finger on. Simple, simple, simple.

Source: This is not MY idea, although I cannot remember where I read it. I do know that it is a novel idea and few have heard of it before. Thank you.

By Flitter from Ontario, Canada

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Hi, just a short question...

you mentioned a pipe of 4x8 inches...

um is the pipe 4 inches wide and 8 inches high

or is it a 4 inch pipe 8 inches wide

these are pipe sections? want to

make sure I got it right. thanks

anbsmommy

The pipe length quoted was 10 inches (high/long) x 4 pieces (to go over the original legs.) This is plastic PVC or something similar. Hope the picture helps.

What if legs are not round,do u think pipe might still work??

I will look immediately if I can do this with my couch. Perhaps I can find a fitting for the bottom of the pipe to make it look good and keep the feet from making deep round circles in the carpet.

Thanks for sharing.

I've been trying to think of a way to do that to our bed without having to purchase "risers". Thanks for the idea.

Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureJune 25, 2008
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Lawnmower mowing long grass.
Choosing the Best Lawnmower Height Setting
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 20, 2016 at 6:46:43 AM on 10.0.2.115 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.