Crocheted Christmas Angels

These are some Christmas angels I make. There is no real pattern to them, no count, so they're each a little different.

Each type of thread is different, each hook # yields different results. I make the head, neck, and bodice, stuff it, then the torso, attach and stuff, then the arms, and make the wig last.

There was a sculptor (whose name escapes me) who, when asked how he accomplished his figures, shrugged and said "I visualize an animal in the marble, and then I take off everything that isn't part of the animal." LOL Crocheting isn't rocket science, and I just stitch it in the shape of an angel, I guess.

By Doggy

I love that there is no pattern. It makes each angel slightly different, and the group looks realistic--like a group of us earthlings--all different sizes and shapes. They're beautiful!

I love your angels. I collect angels and would love to have a couple of those but Lord knows I cant crochet anything but a straight chain and I would never be able to do those. Plus my hands would not allow me to do that for any time before they cramped up. But, again, your angels are lovely

Crochet Angel
Making a Crochet Angel
Crafts CrochetJuly 12, 2006
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
feather angel ornament
Making Feather Angels
Making Silk Flower Angels
Making Silk Flower Angels
🎄