Crocheted Christmas Angels

These are some Christmas angels I make. There is no real pattern to them, no count, so they're each a little different.

Each type of thread is different, each hook # yields different results. I make the head, neck, and bodice, stuff it, then the torso, attach and stuff, then the arms, and make the wig last.

There was a sculptor (whose name escapes me) who, when asked how he accomplished his figures, shrugged and said "I visualize an animal in the marble, and then I take off everything that isn't part of the animal." LOL Crocheting isn't rocket science, and I just stitch it in the shape of an angel, I guess.

By Doggy

I love that there is no pattern. It makes each angel slightly different, and the group looks realistic--like a group of us earthlings--all different sizes and shapes. They're beautiful!

I love your angels. I collect angels and would love to have a couple of those but Lord knows I cant crochet anything but a straight chain and I would never be able to do those. Plus my hands would not allow me to do that for any time before they cramped up. But, again, your angels are lovely