Making Feather Angels
Handmade, soft, feathery angels are fun decorations for Christmas or any time. This is a page about making feather angels
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Precious angels to add to gift package or make several and bring to your local hospital.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- fluffy feathers
- wooden face beads with happy faces, size 18mm
- 2 beads for hands, can use any kind, even pearls look pretty (about 5 or 6mm)
- 2 metallic pipe cleaners, silver or gold
- thin ribbon
- hot glue gun and sticks
- Pick out from 4-6 feathers. Choose a couple that are long and some that are shorter. Look at finished angel to see how I layered the different sizes.
- Put a dab of hot glue in the hole at the bottom of the head bead and quickly stick the feather ends which you have arranged in the hole. Do not let them stick out from the top.
- Cut a 2 inch piece from the pipe cleaner and form a circle to fit the head. Hot glue to head of angel.
- Take the remaining piece of pipe cleaner from the one you just cut and form wings as shown.
- Take the second pipe cleaner and cut a 6 inch piece. Wrap around angel just under head. Spread across front and wrap around her bringing the arms to the front. Cut the ends to make them even. If the arms seem too long for your angel, cut them back as needed. Add your bead to the tip of each arm with a dab of hot glue.
- Hot glue your wings to the back of your angel just below her head.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 4 inches, cut the ends to a point as shown.
- Put a dab of hot glue in the hole at the top of the head bead and tuck the ends of the ribbon in. Use a toothpick if needed to tuck the ribbon down.
- Make a bow from the ribbon and hot glue at her neck.
By Myst from IN
September 2, 20100 found this helpful
These are so neat. They are easy enough for teen-agers to make too, so we're going to be doing some for Christmas this year. I think they'll be nice for packages as well as for the tree or an indoor wreath. Thanks Myst.
September 8, 20100 found this helpful
Love, love, love these little angels! I think I'll make some of these for my friends & family.
September 10, 20100 found this helpful
These are simply beautiful and so very easy to make. Doesn't break the bank to make a bunch of them either.
Thanks for sharing.
Gem from VA