Mice Nesting In My Car

I need help. I have mice under the hood of my car nesting, chewing, and I'm so afraid after pulling all that junk out every night, cigarette butts, dog food, dried grass, just trash, that I will have a fire. My car is brand new and they have chewed wire and most of the insulation off of my hood. Can anyone help me please. I need a magic cure to stop these mice.

By Erica from AR

My husband is the warranty administrator for three car dealerships. He's seen this before. He said you need to get some "varmint killer" and put it under the hood. He asked if you're certain it's mice, because squirrels will do this, too. And he said that they (the "varmints") will do BIG damage. And warranty won't cover that (he said maybe insurance will help). Best of luck -- hope you stop the critters soon!

We tried, with moderate success, to put moth balls under and around the car. If you aren't going to drive it for a while, put some on the engine and other areas under the hood. (Remove them before driving off again.) And set some mouse traps--use a small amount of bread and some peanut butter to make the bread stick to the trap. Good luck.

This is a serious problem. I found a solution called MouseBlocker. Try googling it. I have had much success with it after mice destroyed my car.

We have all kinds of animals that get in our cars in Arizona. Our hardware stores sell a great new product that doesn't kill but just chases the animals away.It has saved me a lot of money this year.

My friend in Prescott got one when he saw a rabbit in his car and had to have it repaired 3 times in the same week. He opened the hood and saw the rabbit.

We are both very happy with our rid-a-rat. It is green and just some how chase the animals away. I don't want poison around it can kill hawks and other animals.

All of my neighbors use them.

Hey,what did you use?

I just spent $1200 on my 2013 wrangler... Mice chewed through worrying and I also needed a complete diagnosis of my car. I purchased one of the granular animal chasers at Home Depot. I spread a perimeter around my car and tomorrow when I move it, I will pour a bottle of the same on the ground where my car sits(the entire area under the car). this will hopefully prevent an animal from getting under the car and jumping up. from reading the labels though, I am under the impression that it is effective for all but mice, which may require a mouse chaser listed on the Internet.

Rodent nest in a car's engine compartment.
Mice Nesting in a Car
Home and Garden Pest Control MiceDecember 11, 2009
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Nesting Supplies to Birds
Providing Nesting Supplies to Birds