Baking Soda And Vinegar For Tile Grout

By valery 19 71

We all know vinegar and baking soda are good cleaners. I was cleaning my kitchen drains, you put the baking soda in and then vinegar to let it bubble up and freshen the drains. Well I have a tile counter top and the grout gets stained and crumbs are hard to get out too. I put a thin layer of baking soda down and then put some vinegar on it. I let it bubble up and then gave a light wash with the mixture. After rinsing, I saw how clean the grout was and the tiles sparkled. I tried it on the tile floor in my foyer. WOW. Clean grout with little to no effort. Now I am just bubbling away every place I used either the vinegar or baking soda to clean. No harsh cleaners on my hands. I have a parrot and always used apple cider to clean his cage. It has germ killing properties. Now I will use the bubble mixture to make it even easier. On the rabbits' little box too.

By Valery from Cranford, NJ

Showing: Comments Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I'm gonna use your idea asap. Although the Apple

Cider vinegar is slightly acidic, it really kills so few germs that we cannot depend upon it to prevent any illnesses, nor can we depend upon Ammonia. Both

have been recommended by wrong believing folks for years now who just got it wrong. Common germs

are not harmful, so we aren't concerned with these

those two chemicals kill, are we? I've worked in several environments (medical and chemical) and

learned that these "rumors" get started because they are smelly, but they simply only kill a few fungus spores, and only "common household" germs, not "harmful bacteria/virus/fungus", etc. Hope this helps to prevent a reliance upon them for that purpose, although they can CLEAN a lot of things. God bless you. : )

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

It was OK didn't clean as I expected it to, still had to use bleach!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lindajmeliza 1 Flag

Can you use white vinegar to clear the Tile Grout?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Baking Soda and Vinegar
Cleaning With Baking Soda and Vinegar
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesJanuary 17, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Baking Soda and Vinegar
Cleaning With Baking Soda and Vinegar
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 5:21:46 PM on 10.0.1.67 in 981 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings