Helpful HintsFood Tips

Freeze Recycled Containers for Lunches

I was eating some applesauce and yogurt today, and while stacking them together for rinsing and recycling, I had this amazing idea.

If you filled the yogurt cup 1/2 full of water and froze it, you could fill the applesauce cup with fruit, pudding, yogurt, dip, dressing, ice cream, or even applesauce! It will stay cold, and once the ice begins to melt, the cup will stay on top as the lips are almost a perfect match!

Perfect for parties, picnics, and bbqs!

Source: My own thrifty brain!

By Poor But Proud from Salem OR

Are you meaning that you can stack one cup of whatever inside another cup with it half full of ice? If so, then I think this would be messy, because as the ice melts you'll get water in your lunch pail, because the other cup would be sliding down into the "ice" cup. I'm gonna try it and see the results.

I think this is a great idea for parties, potlucks, bbq's, picnics and any other event when food might be setting out for extended periods of time (but not mobile). Good for teacher's luncheons, too, because food has to be out for several periods to catch all the teachers. Keeps the salad dressings at just the right temperature. This would work like a chill bar to keep things cooler. The outer cup could be covered with paper, gift wrap, fake flowers or whatever would fit the theme of the event. Thanks for the idea!